This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Tipperary
- Former Labour Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 5 June 2009 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Alan Kelly speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Tribunals of Inquiry Establishment, Departmental Communications, Social and Affordable Housing Provision, National Maternity Strategy, Ministerial Meetings
(based on written questions asked by Alan Kelly and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Defence: Departmental Expenditure (22 Jan 2019)
“99. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the cost of air transport provided by the Air Corps to each Minister and Minister of State in each Department in each of the years 2016 to 2018, inclusive; the number of trips by year; the cost per trip by date; and the number of passengers per trip by year in tabular form. [2948/19]”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Hospital Overcrowding (22 Jan 2019)
“366. To ask the Minister for Health the number of operations cancelled in 2018 due to overcrowding by hospital. [2469/19]”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Hospitals Data (22 Jan 2019)
“367. To ask the Minister for Health the number of operations cancelled due to staff shortages by hospital. [2470/19]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 105 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 272 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Alan Kelly speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 435 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register