This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Tipperary
- Former Labour Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 5 June 2009 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Alan Kelly speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Correspondence, Departmental Expenditure, Emergency Departments, Vaccination Programme, Covid-19 Pandemic
(based on written questions asked by Alan Kelly and answered by departments)
- Inshore Fishing: Motion [Private Members] (25 Jan 2023)
“I thank the Rural Independents for this motion, which we will support. I come from a land-locked county but it does not take much analysis to know fishermen in our country have been let down. I have met people from west Cork and south Kerry, where I have many connections, as well as west Clare and further up the west coast. We are seeing negative change and you would feel for them. The...”
- Written Answers — Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection: Pension Provisions (25 Jan 2023)
“123. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection when a decision will issue on an investigation on the records of a person (details supplied) in County Kerry who has been awarded a reduced State Pension (Contributory). [3588/23]”
- Forestry Sector: Motion [Private Members] (24 Jan 2023)
“I am sharing time with Deputy Sherlock. I had a bit of déjà vu when I found out about this proposal. To be fair, I am not sure how, in a sleepwalking way, it just appeared in front of the Government. I appreciate Coillte is autonomous but it has to report to the Minister and the Minister of State. I predict this will not happen because I can sense a public outcry building up...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 47 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 285 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 70 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Alan Kelly speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 773 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register