This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Tipperary
- Former Labour Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 5 June 2009 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Alan Kelly speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Information and Communications Technology, Departmental Correspondence, Tribunals of Inquiry Establishment, Departmental Communications, Ministerial Meetings
(based on written questions asked by Alan Kelly and answered by departments)
- Personal Assistance Service: Motion (19 Nov 2019)
“I very much thank the Independents 4 Change group for this motion, which I welcome. It is something that, I suppose, we should have discussed in detail on the floor of the House previously. I want to acknowledge the work of Senator John Dolan, my fellow county man from Tipperary who is present, for all the work he has done for persons with disabilities, but particularly on this issue, which...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Teacher Supply (19 Nov 2019)
“89. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills his views on sharing teachers across schools in view of the fact that a shortage of substitute cover and that pupils across many schools are being left without qualified teachers in Irish, science, foreign languages and maths due to a supply shortage; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [47490/19]”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Hospital Appointments Administration (19 Nov 2019)
“384. To ask the Minister for Health the reason for the loss of 109 referrals to the national gender service; the steps taken to ensure this system failure is not repeated; the way in which he plans to address the delays for those that were waiting and should have had their first initial visit by now; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [47334/19]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 78 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 413 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Alan Kelly speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 479 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register