This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Tipperary
- Former Labour Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 5 June 2009 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Alan Kelly speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Information and Communications Technology, Departmental Correspondence, Tribunals of Inquiry Establishment, Departmental Communications, Ministerial Meetings
(based on written questions asked by Alan Kelly and answered by departments)
- An Bille Sláinte (Caomhnú agus Cosaint agus Bearta Éigeandála Eile Ar Mhaithe Le Leas an Phobail), 2020: Céim an Choiste agus na Céimeanna a bheidh Fágtha - Health (Preservation and Protection and other Emergency Measures in the Public Interest) Bill 2020: Committee and Remaining Stages (19 Mar 2020)
“I formally second the amendment.”
- An Bille Sláinte (Caomhnú agus Cosaint agus Bearta Éigeandála Eile Ar Mhaithe Le Leas an Phobail), 2020: An Dara Céim - Health (Preservation and Protection and other Emergency Measures in the Public Interest) Bill 2020: Second Stage (19 Mar 2020)
“As somebody who has worked with the health service over the past four years in my role as Labour Party spokesperson on health, I would like to commence my contribution by acknowledging the health workers who will be the heroes in our country in the coming days, weeks and months. I also acknowledge their representative bodies and unions - which have all behaved in such a responsible manner,...”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Long-Term Illness Scheme Coverage (5 Mar 2020)
“597. To ask the Minister for Health when changes will be made to the long-term illness list (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [2853/20]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 66 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 326 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Alan Kelly speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 488 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register