This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Tipperary
- Former Labour Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 5 June 2009 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Alan Kelly speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Tribunals of Inquiry Establishment, Departmental Communications, Social and Affordable Housing Provision, Ministerial Meetings, National Maternity Strategy
(based on written questions asked by Alan Kelly and answered by departments)
- Carers: Motion [Private Members] (26 Jun 2019)
“I thank all the speakers who have spoken to this important motion, brought forward by my colleague, Deputy Penrose, the Labour Party spokesperson. He has a track record in this area. Everyone in this House can see the passion he has shown about this issue. I assure everyone in the House that Deputy Penrose has spoken up for carers for decades and, indeed, it is a topic to which he...”
- Home Help: Motion [Private Members] (25 Jun 2019)
“I welcome the Minister of State. This is a topic I have spoken directly to the Minister about on many occasions. I have spoken about it ad nauseam here and in committee as well. This topic is a major part of sorting out many of the issues and problems in our healthcare system. The Labour Party will be supporting this motion, which tallies well with the motion my party will be putting...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: School Transport Review (25 Jun 2019)
“190. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills his plans to review the school transport scheme which has been in place since 2012; the timelines for a review; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [26306/19]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 79 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 321 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Alan Kelly speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 455 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register