Wednesday, 25 September 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Michelle Mulherin that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister of State...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Flood Relief Schemes Status (7 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit. I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this matter for discussion. The delay in progressing and delivering flood defence works in Crossmolina is...
- Water Quality (4 speeches)
Gabhaim buíochas leis an gCathaoirleach as ucht an deis a thabhairt dom labhairt ar chúrsaí uisce i gCuan na Gaillimhe. I dtosach báire, glacaim buíochas leis an Aire...
- National Dementia Strategy (10 speeches)
I understand the Minister of State at the Department of Health, Deputy Jim Daly, will take the next Commencement matter.
- Respite Care Services (6 speeches)
I wish to raise a matter relating to Annalee Respite Care Centre in Cootehill, County Cavan. This time last year, Annalee Respite Care Centre was forced to close its doors because of an oil leak...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (62 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 91, motion 7, regarding a vacancy in the membership of Seanad Éireann, to be taken without debate on the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 1, Blasphemy...
- Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill 2019: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for an offence of driving with an unrestrained dog on board certain mechanically propelled vehicles; for that purpose...
- Vacancy in Seanad Membership: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That the Clerk of Seanad Éireann send to the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government notice of a vacancy in the membership of Seanad Éireann occasioned by the...
- Blasphemy (Abolition of Offences and Related Matters) Bill 2019: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Blasphemy (Abolition of Offences and Related Matters) Bill 2019: Second Stage (34 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Blasphemy (Abolition of Offences and Related Matters) Bill 2019: Committee Stage (14 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose that, notwithstanding the Order of Business, remaining Stages of the Bill adjourn no later than 2.30 p.m., if not previously concluded, and Report and Final Stages of the Wildlife...
- Blasphemy (Abolition of Offences and Related Matters) Bill 2019: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages (15 speeches)
- Wildlife (Amendment) Bill 2016: Report Stage (68 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Kyne. I ask the Acting Leader to move that the Bill be recommitted in respect of amendments Nos. 2 and 40.
- Visit of Saudi Arabian Delegation (1 speech)
I am sure Members will join me in welcoming members of the Shura Council of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, led by H. E. Dr. Mu'addi bin Mohammed Al Mathab. On my behalf and that of all my...
- Wildlife (Amendment) Bill 2016: Report Stage (Resumed) (54 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 3:
- Relationships and Sexuality Education: Statements (22 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy McHugh, back to very familiar surroundings and ask him to make his contribution.