Wednesday, 1 February 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator McHugh that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Order of Business. (197 speeches)
The Order of Business is Nos. 1, 2, 3 and 21, motion 25. No. 1 is a sessional order as agreed yesterday by the Committee on Procedure and Privileges and will be taken without debate; No. 2,...
- Order of Business: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That in each sitting until the adjournment of the Seanad for the Easter recess the Leader of the House be called to reply to the Order of Business no later than 40 minutes after the...
- Strategy for Men's Health: Statements (Resumed). (17 speeches)
I seek some clarification from the Leader. As the time has almost elapsed for No. 2——
- Road Safety: Statements. (16 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Transport, Deputy Cullen, to the House.
- Child Care Investment Programme: Motion. (92 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann congratulates the Government on the child care package set out in budget 2006; —welcomes especially the new five-year child care investment programme which will...
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
Special Educational Needs.
- Special Educational Needs. (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Education and Science with special responsibility for children, Deputy Brian Lenihan, to the House. I submitted this matter in the aftermath...
- Ambulance Service. (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. The Minister of State knows of my interest in obtaining an ambulance base in Tuam, north-east Galway. I raised this issue on a number of occasions,...
- Health Insurance Industry. (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. Hundreds of thousands of people across the country are concerned by the Government's decision to introduce risk equalisation in the health insurance...