Wednesday, 14 December 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Norris that on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Order of Business. (48 speeches)
The Order of Business is Nos. 1, 2 and 20, motion 25. No. 1, the University College Galway (Amendment) Bill 2005 — Order for Second Stage and Second Stage, to be taken on the conclusion of the...
- University College Galway (Amendment) Bill 2005: Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend the University College Galway Act 1929.
- University College Galway (Amendment) Bill 2005: Second Stage. (30 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- University College Galway (Amendment) Bill 2005: Committee and Remaining Stages. (4 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Competition (Amendment) Bill 2005: Committee and Remaining Stages. (62 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment to the House to debate the Competition (Amendment) Bill 2005.
- Care of the Elderly: Motion. (78 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire go dtí an Teach. I move: That Seanad Éireann, —commends the Government on the wide-ranging new services being funded with the €150 million package announced by...
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Student Enrolment. (8 speeches)
I wish to share time with Senator Henry. I welcome the Minister for Education and Science to the House. She will want to address the situation I am going to outline. She is aware of it because...
- EU Directives. (9 speeches)
I welcome the Minister to the House and thank him for taking this motion. It relates to the need for the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government to clarify his position with...