This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Former Fine Gael TD for Kerry South
- Left the Dáil on 25 February 2011 — General election (stood again)
- Entered the Dáil on 24 May 2007 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 27 April 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 24 April 2016 — General election
No data to display yet.
- Seanad: Appropriation Bill 2015: Second and Subsequent Stages (15 Dec 2015)
“I welcome the Minister of State to the House. Effectively, the Appropriation Bill is an accounting exercise to balance the books and ensure that there is capital in place for issues or emergencies that may arise. The Comptroller and Auditor General has sought this and nobody wants to see Ministers go cap in hand. From my point of view, it is purely an accounting exercise. It is essential...”
- Seanad: Appropriation Bill 2015: Motion for Earlier Signature (15 Dec 2015)
“I move:That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Appropriation Bill 2015 on a date which is earlier than the fifth day after the date on which the Bill shall have been presented to him.”
- Seanad: Order of Business (8 Dec 2015)
“In the run-up to Christmas, when people are financially stretched and stressed, I reiterate that they should not go to loan sharks. I do not refer only to illegal loan sharks but also to those who advertise everyday. I love the small print at the bottom of their advertisements to the effect that they are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. They absolutely pulverise the people who...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 25 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average among Senators.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 25 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 126 times in debates — well below average among Senators.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)