This data was produced from a variety of sources.
Senator Róisín Garvey
- Green Party Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Entered the Seanad on 29 June 2020 — General election
- Email me whenever Róisín Garvey speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Seanad: An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (31 May 2023)
“Inniu tá mé ag iarraidh labhairt faoi ábhar sláinte. I want to speak today about health and how prevention is better than cure. Yesterday was world Multiple Sclerosis Day. We had an amazing group of people into the House, including doctors and people who live with MS. One of the big takeaways for me was the need for neurophysiotherapists, not just for people with MS...”
- Seanad: Government Commitments on Offshore Renewable Energy: Motion (31 May 2023)
“Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit. Three years ago, there was nothing happening in this area. With this new coalition Government, we have in the past three years expedited offshore wind to a level that was never even envisioned by any Opposition parties. There were not even policies on it. As soon as we addressed the issue, people immediately asked why we had not done work on it...”
- Seanad: Regulated Professions (Health and Social Care) (Amendment) Bill 2022: Committee and Remaining Stages (30 May 2023)
“Gabhaim buíochas leis an Aire. He pushed for this legislation as soon as he became Minister. As we know, there are huge issues with the backlog in processing qualifications. The last thing we want is more bureaucracy stopping people coming in from the UK. Hats off to the Minister for driving the Bill forward. He had good support from his staff, but sometimes it takes a Minister to...”
More of Róisín Garvey's recent appearances
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 35 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among Senators.
- People have made 1 comment on this Senator's speeches — above average among Senators.
- 4 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Róisín Garvey speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 211 times in debates — below average among Senators.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)