This data was produced from a variety of sources.
Senator John McGahon
- Fine Gael Senator (Cultural and Educational Panel)
- Entered the Seanad on 30 March 2020 — General election
- Email me whenever John McGahon speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Seanad: An tOrd Gnó (Atógáil) - Order of Business (Resumed) (24 May 2023)
“One of the points I want to talk about is renewable energy and some of the attached benefits that we can initialise with renewable energy to encourage more people, in particular people in the farming community, to get involved. One of the issues I want to highlight in that regard is something I have raised in the Seanad before. It is about the abolition of the 50% rule, whereby no more than...”
- Seanad: An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (23 May 2023)
“As an avid rail user in terms of how we get from the west to here, I am sure the Leader will understand why I am raising this issue. The Enterprise is our largest and most frequent train on the Dublin to Belfast corridor. Between 9 May and 21 May, a 13-day period, there were 21 delays to the service. I am sure we can agree that an incidence of 21 delays is somewhat out of the ordinary and...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Climate Action: Energy Poverty: Discussion (23 May 2023)
“Ms Petrie spoke of the concept of community energy provider advisers. That is a good idea. Members of the public can be somewhat overwhelmed by the bureaucracy and red tape associated with applications. How would that work in reality? Would local authorities provide this service or would it work well in community welfare offices? Who are the community energy advisers? Who pays them and...”
More of John McGahon's recent appearances
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 80 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average among Senators.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever John McGahon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 196 times in debates — below average among Senators.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)