This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Seanad: Election of Cathaoirleach (29 Jun 2020)
“I am proud to speak on behalf of the Labour Party group of Senators, my colleagues Senators Sherlock, Hoey, Moynihan and Wall, and to express our congratulations to you, Senator Daly, on your election as Cathaoirleach. I have served with you in a number of Seanad terms and while we have not always agreed on issues I know very well your tenacious persistence in campaigns that are close to...”
- Seanad: Offences against the State (Amendment) Act 1998 and Criminal Justice (Amendment) Act 2009: Motions (29 Jun 2020)
“I welcome the Minister to the House and join others in congratulating her on her recent appointment and on her great work in her previous role. I am glad to see four great women nominated as Ministers but I am sorry there are not more women in Cabinet. In this incoming Seanad, 40% of Senators are women and that is a notable high, which I am glad to see. Many of us will keep pressing for...”
- Seanad: An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (27 Mar 2020)
“I would like to join with the Cathaoirleach in extending sympathies to Senator Ruane on her loss. I am very sorry to hear that at such a difficult time. On behalf of Labour Party Senators, I would like to express condolences to the families of the ten people whose deaths were so sadly announced last night, to the 19 families who had been bereaved so far in this jurisdiction and the 29 on...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 67 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among Senators.
- People have made 5 comments on this Senator's speeches — well above average among Senators.
- 31 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Ivana Bacik speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1724 times in debates — well above average among Senators.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)