This data was produced from a variety of sources.
Derek McDowell, former Senator
- Former Labour Senator (Industrial and Commercial Panel)
- Left the Seanad on 9 July 2007 — General election
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Seanad: Criminal Justice Bill 2007: Committee and Remaining Stages (27 Apr 2007)
“In the Hogan report, the majority, including former Minister for Justice, Nora Owen, and Professor David Gwynn Morgan, were of the view that the decision in the Kenny case should be revisited. However, the chairman, Dr. Gerard Hogan was of the view that the existing law was better than any such amendment. Doctors differ and patients die; lawyers differ and cases die. I sympathise with the...”
- Seanad: Protection of Employment (Exceptional Collective Redundancies and Related Matters) Bill 2007: Committee and Remaining Stages (21 Mar 2007)
“I wish to be associated with Senator Coghlan's comments. This is important social protection legislation which has become necessary because of very changed circumstances in Ireland in recent years. We gave Committee Stage quick passage largely because the Minister of State's officials were very efficient and helpful in giving us a comprehensive briefing this afternoon during which we had...”
- Seanad: National Climate Change Strategy 2000: Motion (21 Mar 2007)
“I will start by commenting on what Senator Daly has just said about Moneypoint. There has never been any suggestion from this side of the House that Moneypoint should be closed. I commented earlier on the commitment given in the 2000 plan that Moneypoint be incentivised to use some fuel other than coal to generate electricity. A number of options are available.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks.