This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Former Fine Gael TD for Kildare North
- Left the Dáil on 26 February 2016 — General election
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 27 April 2018 — Byelection
- Email me whenever Anthony Lawlor speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
- Seanad: Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (Covid-19) Bill 2020: Motion for Earlier Signature (27 Mar 2020)
“I, too, wish the Cathaoirleach all the best and thank him. We have not always seen eye to eye but he has always been fair. The Leas-Chathaoirleach, Senator Coghlan, is stepping down. Both he and the Cathaoirleach have done an excellent job. I thank the ushers and other staff in Leinster House for the courtesy they have shown me and all Members. They are going through difficult times...”
- Seanad: An Bille Sláinte (Caomhnú agus Cosaint agus Bearta Éigeandála eile ar mhaithe le Leas an Phobail), 2020: An Dara Céim - Health (Preservation and Protection and other Emergency Measures in the Public Interest) Bill 2020: Second Stage (20 Mar 2020)
“I commend the Minister and the Government on the work they have done so far. I also commend the staff of the health sector.It is not just people on the front line but pharmacists and others such as carers who are meeting elderly people on a regular basis. I acknowledge the speed of the reaction since the first confirmed case and the necessity of this type of legislation. It is something...”
- Seanad: An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (18 Dec 2019)
“I would also like to be associated with wishing a happy Christmas and peaceful new year to Members, the Seanad staff and all of the staff throughout the whole facility whether they are in the catering section or the printing side, which might not be popular at the moment. I wish everyone a happy Christmas and peaceful new year, and I hope that we will all be back here in the new year to...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 40 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among Senators.
- People have made 2 comments on this Senator's speeches — above average among Senators.
- 21 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Anthony Lawlor speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 60 times in debates — well below average among Senators.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)