This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Former Fine Gael TD for Kildare North
- Left the Dáil on 26 February 2016 — General election
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 27 April 2018 — Byelection
- Email me whenever Anthony Lawlor speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
- Seanad: An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (13 Jun 2019)
“One remembers seven or eight years ago when unemployment was at 15% or 16%, in contrast to the position we are in now. Of course that followed a previous Fianna Fáil Administration, as most people in the House would know. We are now at 4.6% unemployment, virtual full employment. I wish to ask the Leader for a debate on how to review the current work permits system. I get calls from...”
- Seanad: National Surplus (Reserve Fund for Exceptional Contingencies) Bill 2018: Second Stage (12 Jun 2019)
“I welcome the Minister of State to the House. The proposed legislation carries on from something that was here in the past that is still inactive. The former Minister for Finance, Charlie McCreevy, set up the National Pensions Reserve Fund with the whole purpose of setting money aside from surpluses or unforeseen funding that came into the Exchequer if such eventualities as this might...”
- Seanad: An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (11 Jun 2019)
“Over the past couple of weeks I have met various groups, farmers, businesspeople, publicans, hoteliers and individuals, all about the rapid increases in the cost of insurance. Some publicans have told me that, over the past three years, their insurance costs have risen by 33% while a hotel owner has told me that, this year, his insurance cost has risen by 50%. I also asked them about...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 67 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among Senators.
- People have made 2 comments on this Senator's speeches — above average among Senators.
- 21 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Anthony Lawlor speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 43 times in debates — well below average among Senators.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)