This data was produced from a variety of sources.
Eugene Regan, former Senator
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Seanad: European Directives: Motion (20 Apr 2011)
“I support the motion and commend it to the House. The Minister has set out in some detail the basis for the EU directive and it falls into the category of co-operation between member states in policing and judicial co-operation in criminal law matters. It has been found for some time in the situation of free movement of people in the European Union that member states on their own cannot...”
- Seanad: EU Regulation on Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters: Motion (24 Mar 2011)
“I commend the motion to the House. This legislation was drawn up originally outside the European Union framework under the Brussels Convention of 1968 under the aegis of the Council of Europe. Subsequently, it was adopted as a regulation following the Amsterdam treaty and it is very important legislation. Many judgments have been made at European and national court level on the matter in...”
- Seanad: Order of Business (24 Mar 2011)
“One of the fundamental issues that must be addressed by the Government is the EU-IMF bailout deal. Senator O'Toole mentioned that promises were made to renegotiate it. The fact that the deal is unsustainable for this country makes it imperative that it be renegotiated. I do not think we should second-guess how the Government plays its cards on this one. There is much damage that must be...”
More of Eugene Regan's recent appearances
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 75 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average among Senators.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 355 times in debates — above average among Senators.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)