Advanced search
Show most relevant results first | Most recent results are first | Show use by person

Results 101-120 of 949,383 for in 'Dáil debates' OR in 'Committee meetings' (speaker:Tom Kitt OR speaker:Jennifer Carroll MacNeill)

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Niamh Smyth: This is a question about the Cavan disability network team. It is experiencing a significant staffing crisis, which is having a huge impact on the team's capacity to provide services for children and their families. There are approximately 650 children waiting for various therapies and interventions, and 12 posts are vacant. Is there anything we can do to address this vacancy crisis, which...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Anne Rabbitte: I thank the Deputy for raising this important issue. I have a meeting with CHO 1 next week to address the issues facing Enable Ireland in the Cavan area and to address exactly what the Deputy has raised and what we can do in the interim to assist with recruitment and retention in that service.

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Neale Richmond: In the past week, the New IRA has been linked to two attacks on the police in Northern Ireland, the first such attacks since April. What is the Government doing, in partnership with the authorities in the United Kingdom and in Northern Ireland, despite the impasse, to ensure that all efforts are made to allow for co-ordination between An Garda Síochána, the PSNI and all other State...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Leo Varadkar: I thank the Deputy for reminding us once again that paramilitarism in Ireland is far from dead. I very much condemn the events in Strabane in recent weeks. There is very good co-operation between the security authorities here and those in Northern Ireland and in Britain. We want to enhance that in any way we can. Obviously, much of this relates to security, much of it is confidential and...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Marc Ó Cathasaigh: I know the Tánaiste's Department leads on the oversight of work permits from non-EU and non-EEA countries. I have engaged on this specific issue previously with the Minister of State, Deputy English. The critical skills occupation list was last updated in June 2022, relatively recently, but is there sufficient cross-departmental engagement on addressing specific skills shortages in...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Leo Varadkar: We review that list every six months, so it is probably up for review about now. It is handled by the Minister of State, Deputy English, as Deputy Ó Cathasaigh mentioned. Generally, we are guided by what we hear from employers as to which skills and posts they cannot fill. Two have crossed our desks a lot recently. One is bus drivers, which the Deputy mentioned. There are...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Joe Carey: I wish to raise the plight of the Burren programme in County Clare. This flagship farming and conservation scheme, which takes place on one of the most sensitive landscapes in the world, has been a win-win for farmers and the environment since its introduction. While the new agri-climate rural environment scheme, ACRES, will lead to better outcomes for farmers and the environment, it will...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Leo Varadkar: I am happy to give a commitment that I will speak to the Minister about it. It came up in my meeting with the Irish Farmers Association, IFA, only in the past two weeks. I understand that the Minister and the Minister of State, Senator Hackett, met farmers from the Burren and local representatives on 22 November. I am told that the meeting was constructive and that the work of the Burren...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Claire Kerrane: I wish to ask the Tánaiste about the temporary business energy support scheme. I understand it is still being designed. I was contacted by a business in Roscommon town that has been in existence for almost 30 years. It uses oil, not gas. We know that oil has increased in price by about 145% since January 2021, and oil is currently excluded from the scheme. This will no doubt impact...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Paschal Donohoe: I will take that matter, if I may. The Revenue Commissioners are responsible for the roll-out of the scheme, and I am working closely with the Tánaiste's Department on the design of the scheme. We hope we will very shortly be in a position to announce that the scheme is open. It is not possible for oil to be included in the scheme because we depend so much on the metering mechanisms...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Dessie Ellis: Under the Government's housing plan, a review of the housing adaptation grant scheme for older people and people with disabilities is under way. Grant limits and income thresholds are being considered. Does the Tánaiste know when this review will be done? Inflation has gone up considerably and has eaten into this.

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Peter Burke: I will take that matter. The review is finalised-----

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Dessie Ellis: Good.

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Peter Burke: -----and will be published before the end of the year. The key issue is to ensure the increase in funding penetrates in order that we have additional work carried out for all our citizens. The grant to which the Deputy refers is a key support to ensure independent living. We hope to publish the review before the end of the year.

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Leo Varadkar: The Government has no plans to join NATO or any other military alliance. We are involved in security and defence co-operation through PESCO with the European Union. We also co-operate with NATO through the partnership for peace and have done for a very long time. I have not seen the report the Deputy mentioned so I cannot comment on it but I will ask the Minister for Defence to come back...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Peadar Tóibín: In July 2019, a very brave woman by the name of Sharon Butler Hughes blew the whistle on the fact that 4,088 women had received either the wrong letters or no results from CervicalCheck with regard to their smear tests. Brian McCracken investigated the matter and recommended that an examination be made into whether these women were negatively affected by the delays in terms of their health...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Leo Varadkar: I appreciate the importance of this issue but I am afraid I just do not have that information to hand. I will ask the Minister for Health or the HSE to come back to the Deputy on that. I understand he has said the recommendation is now being implemented. I do not know why that was not done previously. I will ask the Minister for Health, Deputy Stephen Donnelly, to get back to the Deputy...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Richard O'Donoghue: Before the vote on the Impaired Farm Credit Bill was taken last night, I emailed the Tánaiste's office, the Taoiseach's office, the office of the Minister, Deputy Eamon Ryan, and the Whips, Deputies Chambers and Griffin, asking if a free vote could be given to their party members last night on that Bill. Did Fine Gael offer a free vote to the rural Deputies in the party or were they...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Leo Varadkar: The answer to the Deputy's question is "No." We do not commonly do free votes in our system. The Deputy is an Independent Deputy and every vote is a free vote for him. Most Members in this House are members of a political party and are bound by the policies of that party, the programme for Government and collective responsibility. We allow free votes on a small number of issues,...

Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (24 Nov 2022)

Richard O'Donoghue: What about rural Deputies?

   Advanced search
Show most relevant results first | Most recent results are first | Show use by person