Results 141-160 of 1,834 for buttimer in 'Dáil debates' -tá
- Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2014: Second Stage (Resumed) (24 Sep 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Lynch, and congratulate her on her reappointment. I welcome our friends from Iran to the House and thank them for being here. It is very important that we build on democracy throughout the world and I hope we can forge new friendships and mutually benefit each other in the pursuit of democracy on the world stage. Today is an extraordinary day because...
- Tributes on the Retirement of Members of Staff (16 Jul 2014)
Jerry Buttimer: Deputy Martin had better start eating good food.
- Topical Issue Matters (8 Jul 2014)
Michael Kitt: ...allowance and motorised transport grant; (18) Deputy Ciara Conway - the need to ensure sexual and reproductive health and rights are included as a central goal of the post 2015 sustainable development goals; (19) Deputy Jerry Buttimer - the flood relief scheme in Cork; (20) Deputy Robert Troy - Ireland's performance in relation to the findings of the Eurydice and EUROSTAT report Key Data...
- Electoral (Amendment) (Hours of Polling) Bill 2013: Second Stage [Private Members] (4 Jul 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Andrew Doyle: ...established on a statutory footing as a dedicated entity. It should make recommendations to the Oireachtas, regardless of who is in government or in this House. It was interesting to hear what Deputy Buttimer had to say about the Constitutional Convention. He indicated that "the option of extending polling hours... received 89% support" and that the proposal to "establish an independent...
- Valuation Bill 2014: Second Stage [Private Members] (4 Jul 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
John O'Mahony: ...has a bar, it cannot have an unfair advantage over other licensed premises in its area. However, rates need to be fair and commiserate. I would hope the problem can be solved by consensus. Deputy Buttimer already raised the issue of the danger that all of the five proposed Garth Brooks concerts will be cancelled. As someone who has been going to Croke Park for 40 years, I have had...
- Public Health (Standard Packaging of Tobacco) Bill 2014: Second Stage (Resumed) (3 Jul 2014) See 8 other results from this debate
Peter Mathews: I welcome the opportunity to speak on this Bill. I found the debate to be very informative and I thank Deputy Buttimer in particular for synthesising the work of the Joint Committee on Health and Children and presenting statistics on age cohorts, usage rates and what has happened over the years in terms of how many people died have directly or through smoking related diseases. It is...
- Topical Issue Debate: Civil Partnership Legislation (2 Jul 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: I thank the Minister of State for his reply. I welcome the fact that clarification is being sought from the Attorney General in these matters. The reality is that the current interpretation of where marriages and civil partnerships can take place is excessively restrictive. In the United Kingdom and the North, for instance, where essentially the same requirements apply, it has been...
- European Council: Statements (2 Jul 2014) See 5 other results from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: I remind Members this is statements on the European Council meeting and not on the new Commissioner.
- Leaders' Questions (2 Jul 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: Is that what Fianna Fáil did in the last Government?
- Topical Issue Matters (2 Jul 2014)
Michael Kitt: ...Children and Youth Affairs to make a statement on the report by the Children's Ombudsman on the removal of two children from their home by the Garda and the action the Government intends to take on foot of the report; (12) Deputy Jerry Buttimer - the need for clarification on where civil marriages and civil partnerships can be solemnised; (13) Deputy Seán Crowe - the delays...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 Jul 2014)
Michael Kitt: ...represent one quarter of Ireland’s poor, with one in five children living in households with incomes below the poverty line, and the urgent need to clarify the Government's response to these statistics; (19) Deputy Jerry Buttimer - the need for clarification on where civil marriages and civil partnerships can be solemnised; (20) Deputy Eoghan Murphy - the need to move from wood to...
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions: Sporting Events (26 Jun 2014)
Michael Kitt: As Deputy Jerry Buttimer is not in the House to take Question No. 12, we will move to Question No. 13 in the name of Deputy Sandra McLellan.
- Beef Industry: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (25 Jun 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: Deputy Pringle is sharing time with Deputy Maureen O'Sullivan.
- State Airports (Shannon Group) Bill 2014 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (25 Jun 2014) See 4 other results from this debate
Leo Varadkar: ...an airline that only wished to fly to Dublin? Would we indicate we did not want it to fly Ireland at all? There could be such a scenario, which would be a mistake. Deputies Dara Murphy and Jerry Buttimer spoke eloquently about Cork Airport. They have pointed out, rightly, that it is the busiest airport in the State after Dublin; that although passenger numbers may be down this year, the...
- Public Sector Management (Appointment of Senior Members of the Garda Síochána) Bill 2014: Second Stage (Resumed) [Private Members] (18 Jun 2014)
Jerry Buttimer: An Garda Síochána is a fundamental component in the functioning of communities and our society. Thankfully, since the foundation of the State the vast majority of our population have trusted the Garda, and gardaí in turn have protected our State and its people. In the context of discussing Garda reform, we should not forget the historic role played by the Garda and the...
- Order of Business (18 Jun 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: The Constitutional Convention has concluded its deliberations. Has the Government given any consideration as to when its outstanding final reports will be published?
- Leaders' Questions (18 Jun 2014) See 1 other result from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: Imagine having to make a decision, Catherine. That would be difficult for you.
- Topical Issue Debate: Medicinal Products Availability (17 Jun 2014)
Regina Doherty: I tabled this matter for discussion arising from a meeting I had last Thursday, together with my colleague, Deputy Jerry Buttimer, with two beautiful ladies who are multiple sclerosis sufferers and who were accompanied by Mr. Tom Curran, partner of the late Marie Fleming. The meeting was to discuss their concerns that the drug they are currently taking to alleviate the symptoms of MS,...
- Protected Disclosures Bill 2013: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (12 Jun 2014) See 2 other results from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: How stands the amendment?
- Leaders' Questions (11 Jun 2014)
Jerry Buttimer: The Members opposite never took responsibility in 14 years.