Results 81-100 of 1,834 for buttimer in 'Dáil debates' -tá
- Topical Issue Matters (1 Jul 2015)
Marcella Corcoran Kennedy: ...Daly - the need for the Central Bank of Ireland to clarify the number of distressed mortgages that were converted from tracker to variable rate as part of solutions offered to borrowers; (8) Deputy Jerry Buttimer - the need to address delays in registering nurses with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland; (9) Deputy Martin Heydon - the need for faster roll-out of the broadband plan...
- Children (Amendment) Bill 2015 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (24 Jun 2015) See 1 other result from this debate
Charlie McConalogue: The next speaker is Deputy Jerry Buttimer, who has 20 minutes, but we will have to adjourn the debate at 7.30 p.m. for Private Members' business.
- Leaders' Questions (24 Jun 2015)
Finian McGrath: Put Deputy Jerry Buttimer into NAMA.
- Employment Equality (Amendment) Bill 2015: Second Stage (Resumed) [Private Members] (17 Jun 2015)
Jan O'Sullivan: ...devastating effects of discrimination and homophobia. Studies highlighting higher rates of depression and self-harm among the LGBT community have underlined these effects all too clearly. Deputy Buttimer mentioned his experience as a gay secondary schoolteacher and Deputy Lyons also spoke about his experience and the need to have in place effective policies and strategies to combat...
- Urban Regeneration and Housing Bill 2015: Second Stage (Resumed) (16 Jun 2015) See 2 other results from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: An bhfuil an Teachta Ó Cuív ceart go leor? Cad a tharla?
- Employment Equality (Amendment) Bill 2015: Second Stage [Private Members] (16 Jun 2015)
Jerry Buttimer: Cuirim fáilte roimh an mBille seo agus gabhaim buíochas, mar aon le Teachtaí eile, leis na páirtithe sóisialta, go mór mór an Teachta Dála Seosamh Ó hUiginn. In welcoming the Bill and acknowledging that we are almost unanimous in this House in acknowledging that we need to change section 37, I am reminded of an incident in my younger days as a...
- Leaders' Questions (9 Jun 2015)
Jerry Buttimer: A leader with no followers.
- Midland Regional Hospital: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (27 May 2015) See 1 other result from this debate
Marcella Corcoran Kennedy: I call Deputy Jerry Buttimer.
- Aer Lingus Share Disposal: Motion (27 May 2015) See 2 other results from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: I remind Deputy Dessie Ellis that he will be asked to adjourn the debate at noon.
- An Bille um an gCeathrú Leasú is Tríocha ar an mBunreacht (Cearta Geilleagracha, Comhdhaonnacha agus Cultúir) 2014: An Dara Céim [Comhaltaí Príobháideacha]: - Thirty-fourth Amendment of the Constitution (Economic, Social and Cultural Rights) Bill 2014: Second Stage [Private Members] (19 May 2015) See 35 other results from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: There is another matter we need to tackle. I make this point because Deputy Healy is half-goading me. We have HIQA inspecting facilities in the health service, but who is inspecting some of the rented properties in the cities, in particular, Cork? Some of them that I have been in are appalling and the amount of rent being asked of the tenant is evil.
- An Bille um an gCeathrú Leasú is Tríocha ar an mBunreacht 2014: An Dara Céim [Comhaltaí Príobháideacha] - Thirty-fourth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2014: Second Stage [Private Members] (8 May 2015)
Paul Murphy: ...giving people the right to have a referendum to repeal that amendment and has voted against the extension of abortion rights for women in cases of fatal foetal abnormality. Another Fine Gael TD, Deputy Jerry Buttimer, has said that he now favours the repeal of the eighth amendment. He, the Minister for Health and others in Fine Gael have yet another opportunity to vote in favour of their...
- Topical Issue Matters (6 May 2015)
Olivia Mitchell: ...for, and governance of, the school completion programme; (11) Deputy Dessie Ellis - the use of revenue raised from motor tax to fund Irish Water and other projects not relating to roads; (12) Deputy Jerry Buttimer - the need to resolve industrial relations issues at Tyndall Institute, Cork; (13) Deputies Barry Cowen, Martin Ferris and Brian Stanley - concerns over the adequacy of...
- Topical Issue Debate: Airport Promotion (21 Apr 2015)
Paschal Donohoe: ...am very much aware of the importance of this matter. The interest he has is shared with his constituency colleagues, the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Deputy Coveney, Deputy Jerry Buttimer and Deputy Ciarán Lynch. Before I comment on the importance of Cork Airport and our plans for it, I emphasise that the market for air services in the European Union is fully...
- Residential Mortgage Interest Rates: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 Apr 2015)
Jerry Buttimer: I thank Deputy McGrath for putting the motion before the House. I concur wholeheartedly with Deputy Maloney. As Members, all of us should govern and act on behalf of the people not on behalf of a chosen few. Again today we witnessed good news in our country and economy. More people are at work. There is an increase in the number of gardaí to be recruited. More funding is to be...
- An Bille um an gCúigiú Leasú is Tríocha ar an mBunreacht (Aois Intofachta chun Oifig an Uachtaráin) 2015: An Dara Céim (Atógáil) - Thirty-fifth Amendment of the Constitution (Age Eligibility for Election to the Office of President) Bill 2015: Second Stage (Resumed) (25 Mar 2015) See 2 other results from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: The Deputy has not stuck to the Bill once.
- Order of Business (25 Mar 2015)
Jerry Buttimer: Just this week, the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Deputy Paschal Donohoe, in conjunction with the Taoiseach, published the national tourism strategy, People, Place and Policy - Growing Tourism to 2025. The document sets out a wonderful and innovative policy and strategy. In the context of the regions, in particular, the city of Cork, I ask the Taoiseach to arrange a debate in...
- Children and Family Relationships Bill 2015: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (12 Mar 2015)
Jerry Buttimer: I commend the Minister on her stewardship of this Bill through the House at all Stages and praise her staff significantly for the tremendous work they have done in preparing it. This Bill is about children, the rights of the child and, as Deputy Mac Lochlainn said, cherishing all our children equally, as our Proclamation says. This Bill is important. I appeal to those who have a different...
- Message from Seanad (11 Mar 2015)
Jerry Buttimer: Seanad Éireann has passed the Misuse of Drugs (Amendment) Bill 2015, without amendment.
- Pre-European Council Meeting: Statements (11 Mar 2015)
Jerry Buttimer: Is that agreed? Agreed.
- An Bille um an gCeathrú Leasú is Tríocha ar an mBunreacht (Comhionannas Pósta) 2015: An Dara Céim - Thirty-fourth Amendment of the Constitution (Marriage Equality) Bill 2015: Second Stage (10 Mar 2015)
Jerry Buttimer: Tonight in this Chamber I am reminded of the words of Frances Wright, the great social reformer, who said "equality is the soul of liberty; there is, in fact, no liberty without it". Tonight in this Chamber we debate a constitutional referendum Bill that is not about children, urban versus rural, political parties and Independents against each other, liberals or conservatives or church and...