Results 21-40 of 1,834 for buttimer in 'Dáil debates' -tá
- Questions on Proposed Legislation (5 Oct 2016)
Enda Kenny: ...somebody to serve on the implementation committee. As soon as I have all those names, and I assume every party will want to participate, under the direction of the Leader of the Seanad, Senator Buttimer, the first meeting will take place and the authors of the report, former Senators Manning and O’Toole, are available to give technical advice if necessary to the implementation...
- Ceisteanna - Questions: Citizens Assembly (4 Oct 2016)
Enda Kenny: ...This will come back to a committee of the Oireachtas and we will consider how best that committee should function, the same way as we did with the Oireachtas committee, chaired by the former Deputy Buttimer, which considered the implications of the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill.
- Ceisteanna - Questions: Seanad Reform (15 Jun 2016)
Enda Kenny: ...'s commitment to Seanad reform in A Programme for a Partnership Government. I am very supportive of the pursuit of implementation of the Manning report and have advised the new Leader of the Seanad, Senator Jerry Buttimer, that it should be a priority of his. I understand a number of Senators have also tabled a Bill to implement the Manning report. It is important that there be an...
- Order of Business (28 Jan 2016)
Jerry Buttimer: May I also be associated with the remarks to the Leas-Cheann Comhairle? I wish Deputy Sandra McLellan, who is a member of the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Health and Children, well and thank her for her work on the committee. I thank and pay tribute to my good friend, Deputy Dinny McGinley, who is also leaving us. This morning, the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Deputy...
- Technological Universities Bill 2015: Report Stage (Resumed) (28 Jan 2016) See 1 other result from this debate
Damien English: ...with a couple of issues. Colleagues are correct that some of them were dealt with already by the Minister, Deputy Jan O'Sullivan, yesterday and probably on Tuesday and on Committee Stage. Deputy Buttimer might not have been present for the full debate so I will clarify the position for him. The TUI has consistently sought a full process of consultation in regard to the process and...
- Order of Business (27 Jan 2016)
Jerry Buttimer: In the context of the national disability strategy under the Department of Health and the Cabinet sub-committee on social policy, I wish to ask the Taoiseach, in regard to autism, whether speech and language therapy will get priority. Perhaps we could have a debate on this in the House before we dissolve the Dáil.
- National Tourism Development Authority (Amendment) Bill 2015: Second Stage (Resumed) (21 Jan 2016) See 1 other result from this debate
Michael Ring: ...in major debt. People are working their way out of that. People put a lot of work into it and those involved are to be complimented on the great work they do. Sometimes we forget the major investment they make. Deputy Buttimer spoke about Fáilte Ireland in the context of the Cork local authorities and how they are working closely to promote a new brand for Cork. I hope the local...
- National Tourism Development Authority (Amendment) Bill 2015: Second Stage (21 Jan 2016) See 2 other results from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: If managing tourism really is contemplated, explicit responsibility must be assigned in respect of developing and growing the local tourism brand, about which the Minister of State has spoken passionately and which he has implemented in his Department. Aside from the Minister of State, a tsar also is needed to work with Fáilte Ireland and to resource that body and the councils, which...
- Order of Business (20 Jan 2016) See 2 other results from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: Deputy Martin was good at filling boards himself.
- Convention on the Constitution Final Reports: Statements (14 Jan 2016)
Maureen O'Sullivan: Having been a member of the Constitutional Convention and, with Deputies Buttimer and Keating, having an attendance rate of 100%, I can certainly acknowledge the tremendous work and commitment of its members, both political representatives and citizens, in addition to the staff and chairman, Mr. Tom Arnold. I acknowledge, in particular, the meticulous planning, the availability of experts,...
- Hospital Emergency Departments: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (14 Jan 2016) See 3 other results from this debate
Brian Stanley: I welcome the opportunity to speak on this motion. I heard Deputy Buttimer state that we spend just over €13 billion on health per year. That is wrong. That figure refers to the amount spent on health from the tax take. The Deputy did not include the money that is paid in private health insurance and out-of-pocket expenses to pharmacists, consultants and a range of other services....
- Shannon River Agency Bill 2016: First Stage (13 Jan 2016) See 6 other results from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: The Deputy is very good at it himself, making up the laws as he goes on.
- Topical Issue Debate: Office of Public Works Properties (13 Jan 2016)
Micheál Martin: Deputy Buttimer might volunteer.
- Order of Business (16 Dec 2015) See 1 other result from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: We were here. In fairness, Billy was.
- Topical Issue Matters (16 Dec 2015)
Robert Troy: ...funded by Pobal and problems arising with the increase in the minimum wage; (10) Deputy Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin - the shortfall in funding for local and regional roads in Counties Cavan and Monaghan; (11) Deputy Jerry Buttimer - the need for a comprehensive transport plan in Cork in light of recent traffic congestion caused by a lane closure in the Jack Lynch tunnel; (12)...
- Prisons Bill 2015 [Seanad]: Second Stage (14 Dec 2015) See 1 other result from this debate
Ann Phelan: ...government commitment to end detention of children in adult prison facilities is a key priority for the Minister for Justice and Equality and the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs. Deputy Buttimer referred to this as being a historic day. Substantial progress has been made on this commitment, with the capital development project in Oberstown now largely complete, responsibility for...
- Finance (Local Property Tax) (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2015: Committee and Remaining Stages (11 Dec 2015) See 2 other results from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: The Deputy only had four Members with him.
- Order of Business (10 Dec 2015) See 6 other results from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: It is a good job Deputy Keaveney was not in the Garden of Gethsemane.
- Establishment of Independent Anti-Corruption Agency: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (9 Dec 2015) See 1 other result from this debate
Marcella Corcoran Kennedy: Deputies Buttimer, Twomey, Mulherin and Fitzpatrick are sharing time.
- Order of Business (26 Nov 2015) See 1 other result from this debate
Jerry Buttimer: It was in committee.