Results 1-20 of 3,959 for buttimer
- Financial Resolution No. 1: (Tobacco Products Tax) (6 Dec 2011) See 1 other result from this debate
Mattie McGrath: Excuse me, how dare Deputy Buttimer say that. I asked the Ceann Comhairle to speak long before Deputy Buttimer came in. Deputy Buttimer is not in school now.
- Seanad: Election of Leas-Chathaoirleach (7 Jul 2020) See 1 other result from this debate
Diarmuid Wilson: ...him for his service to this House and this country over 23 years as a Member of this House. It is an honour and a personal pleasure to be given the opportunity to second the proposal that Senator Buttimer be elected as Leas-Chathaoirleach of Seanad Éireann. I first met Jerry Buttimer, as he was then, in September 1984. I was a student in St. Patrick's College, Maynooth, and I was...
- Seanad: Order of Business (12 Nov 2009)
Donie Cassidy: Senator Healy Eames again raised matters of serious concern to her. Senator Ellis has called on Senator Buttimer to assist Senator Healy Eames in regard to the serious experiences outlined by her this morning. Perhaps Senator Buttimer will update the House on this matter next Tuesday.
- Credit Guarantee Bill 2012: Second Stage (Resumed) (17 May 2012)
Éamon Ó Cuív: The difference between me and Deputy Buttimer is that if Deputy Buttimer believes we were wrong, why are those in his Government selling State assets, including Bord GÃ¡is Ãireann?
- Constitutional Convention: Motion (10 Jul 2012)
Seán Barrett: The next speaker is Deputy Patrick O'Donovan whom I understand is sharing time with Deputies Brendan Griffin and Jerry Buttimer. Deputies O'Donovan and Griffin have three minutes and Deputy Buttimer has four minutes.
- National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Bill 2012: Second Stage (Resumed) (19 Sep 2012)
Olivia Mitchell: I understand that Deputy Buttimer is sharing time with Deputies Áine Collins and Dara Murphy. Deputy Buttimer has ten minutes.
- Supreme Court Ruling in the X Case: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (21 Nov 2012)
Michael Kitt: I call Deputy Buttimer, who is sharing time with Deputies Paul J. Connaughton, Billy Timmins, Robert Dowds, Ann Phelan, Michelle Mulherin, Derek Keating, Eamonn Maloney and Laim Twomey. Deputy Buttimer has four minutes.
- Gas Regulation Bill 2013: Second Stage (Resumed) (19 Sep 2013)
Seán Barrett: I call Deputy Kevin Humphreys. He is sharing time with Deputy Buttimer. Deputy Humphreys has five minutes and Deputy Buttimer has 15 minutes. Is that correct?
- Seanad: Budget 2018: Statements (10 Oct 2017)
Gerry Horkan: I thank the Senator. Time is tight. We have exactly ten minutes before the Minister of State speaks and there are two final speakers. I call Senator Buttimer who will be followed by Senator Colm Burke. Senator Buttimer has five minutes.
- Seanad Public Consultation Committee: Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises: Discussion (13 Nov 2018)
Jerry Buttimer: Not Senator Boyhan but Senator Buttimer.
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Transport, Tourism and Sport: Business of Joint Committee (27 Oct 2020)
Kieran O'Donnell: Apologies have been received from Senators O'Sullivan and Buttimer. Senator Burke will substitute for Senator Buttimer.
- Seanad: An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (11 Nov 2020)
Mark Daly: I remind Senator Buttimer and the Deputy Whip that Standing Order 39 related to them as well. Senator Buttimer has one minute and 20 seconds.
- Seanad: Flooding: Statements (18 Nov 2020)
Joe O'Reilly: That might alter the list. The next speaker on the list is Senator Buttimer. Will Senator Byrne share with Senator Buttimer?
- Seanad: Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union (Consequential Provisions) Bill 2020: Committee Stage (3 Dec 2020)
Eugene Murphy: Senators Buttimer and Chambers have indicated so I call Senator Buttimer. Anybody else who wishes to speak on this amendment should please give me his or her name.
- Seanad: Appointments to Committee of Selection: Motion (12 Jul 2016)
Jerry Buttimer: ...of Standing Order No. 95 of the Standing Orders relative to Public Business, the following members be appointed to the Committee of Selection:Senators Catherine Ardagh, Victor Boyhan, Jerry Buttimer, Mark Daly, Paul Gavan, Kevin Humphreys, Gabrielle McFadden, Michelle Mulherin, Marie-Louise O’Donnell, Lynn Ruane.
- Finance Bill 2012: Second Stage (Resumed) (15 Feb 2012)
Robert Troy: I remind Deputy Buttimer that I was elected on my own merits and did not enter the House on the crest of a wave. I have a mandate to be here and will address the House. I ask the Acting Chairman to request that Deputy Buttimer give me appropriate consideration.
- Seanad: Order of Business (17 Nov 2009)
Donie Cassidy: Very many people want to play their part. I fully agree with most of the sentiments expressed by colleagues. Senators Ellis and Buttimer referred to an inquiry regarding the circumstances of students. Senator Buttimer may not have given a satisfactory reply in that respect. I know what that feels like here on occasions.
- Seanad: Post Office Closures: Motion (19 Sep 2018)
Terry Leyden: Senator Buttimer cannot handle the truth. The Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade, Deputy Coveney, will be heading off as Commissioner in the next year or so and Senator Buttimer can look forward to coming back into the Dáil at that point. I will not have to put up with him here after that.
- Seanad: Convictions for Certain Sexual Offences (Apology and Exoneration) Bill 2016: Second Stage (1 Feb 2017)
Frances Black: I thank the Minister of State, Deputy David Stanton, for being present in the Chamber. I was very disappointed by the comments made by Senator Jerry Buttimer on the contribution made by my colleague, Senator Lynn Ruane. He was unfair. Senator Lynn Ruane had every right to talk about what more needed to be done. I know that it is a day of celebration, but, unfortunately, Senator Jerry...
- Seanad: Election of Cathaoirleach (8 Jun 2016)
Michelle Mulherin: I join with all the words of congratulations to the Cathaoirleach, commiserate with my Mayo colleague, Senator Rose Conway-Walsh, and congratulate Senator Jerry Buttimer. I look forward to working with Senator Buttimer, who will make a very fine Leader. I understand the Cathaoirleach holds the distinction of having spoken for 28 hours on a piece of legislation, the Harbours (Amendment)...