Results 1-20 of 154 for "public services card"
Did you mean: "public service card"?
- Seanad: Social Welfare, Pensions and Civil Registration Bill 2018: Second Stage (6 Dec 2018)
Alice Mary Higgins: ...EU law to ensure the sharing of data on their combined pension entitlements. A couple of areas that are not covered in the Bill but which are part of the Social Welfare Consolidation Act are the public services card and the single customer view dataset. There are very serious concerns, some of which featured in the newspapers today, about the attitude of the Department of Employment...
- Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach: Data Sharing and Governance Bill 2018: Committee Stage (6 Dec 2018) See 9 other results from this debate
Mick Wallace: I move amendment No. 4:In page 10, between lines 21 and 22, to insert the following:“(6) A specified body may not make presentation of a public services card or access to a person’s public service identity the exclusive basis by which a person may verify their identity in order to conduct a transaction or access a service.”. I want to say a few words on the amendment, so...
- Public Accounts Committee: 2017 Annual Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General and Appropriation Accounts
Vote 37 - Social Protection
Chapter 11 - Regularity of Social Welfare Payments
Chapter 12 - JobPath Employment Activation Service
Chapter 13 - Actuarial Review of Social Insurance Fund
Chapter 14 - Overpayments of Age-Related Jobseeker's Allowance
Chapter 20 - PRSI Contributions by the Self-Employed
2017 Social Insurance Fund (29 Nov 2018) See 4 other results from this debate
Peter Burke: Excellent. Part 2.8 in the accounts includes the Department's major capital projects. One is the public services card. The lifetime cost is expected to be €32 million. How does Mr. McKeon feel the card is operating? Is the Department reducing instances of overpayment by it?
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Passport Applications (15 Nov 2018) See 1 other result from this answer
Aindrias Moynihan: ...have his or her birth registered when born and cannot definitively prove a date of birth but later proved his or her identity satisfactorily to the General Register Office sufficient to be issued a public services card by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection may apply for a passport; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [47487/18]
- Data Sharing and Governance Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (7 Nov 2018) See 1 other result from this debate
Patrick O'Donovan: ...of data for each of the individual public bodies, which are sectoral matters. I know a number of these were raised last night and tonight, including matters relating to adoption, HIQA or the public services card. The Bill does not in any way change the Social Welfare Consolidation Act 2005. It does not set out to do that and it is not about that but what it is about is to give a legal...
- Data Sharing and Governance Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Second Stage (6 Nov 2018) See 1 other result from this debate
Clare Daly: ...of being up-front and calling it a national identity card when introducing it to the population, we had a back-door version. It was introduced via the most vulnerable in society and called a public services card. A new policy was introduced - if somebody wanted to receive social protection payments, he or she had to obtain a public services card. If that did not happen, the person's...
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Transport, Tourism and Sport: Safety of School Transport Bus Fleet: Road Safety Authority (24 Oct 2018) See 1 other result from this debate
...in June and about 150 people a day are applying online. It is still restricted to people who are renewing and have no change of category, or requirement to have a new medical form and who have a public services card and registered atwww.mygovid.ie. It is simple and has been successful.
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate: Company Closures (23 Oct 2018)
Pat Breen: ...Intreo team in Dundalk. The team met the workers on Monday afternoon at Ballymascanlon House Hotel. The priority was to expedite payments and to offer help and assistance with registration for the public services card and so forth. As I said earlier, an information and recruitment event will take place in the Crowne Plaza Hotel on 1 November next between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. That is...
- Written Answers — Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection: Public Services Card Data (23 Oct 2018)
Catherine Murphy: 629. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection the number of public services cards that have issued in 2017 and to date in 2018; the projected number of cards that will issue from October 2018 to year end 2019; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [43318/18]
- Seanad: Data Sharing and Governance Bill 2018: Report and Final Stages (3 Oct 2018) See 1 other result from this debate
Alice Mary Higgins: I will comment briefly on this because it is a new amendment. I do not have a counter amendment. Concern has been raised about the single customer view dataset associated with the public services card, PSC. The Minister of State referenced the PPSN but the single customer view dataset is wider than that. The issues are subject to some debate around interpretation. I refer to special...
- Written Answers — Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection: Public Services Card (26 Sep 2018)
Catherine Connolly: 94. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection the services for which a public services card is required; the categories and details of data contained on the card; the Departments and or agencies with which such information may be shared; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [38867/18]
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Social Protection: Pre-Budget Discussion: Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection (25 Sep 2018) See 1 other result from this debate
Alice Mary Higgins: .... We saw in the media last week, however much the media should be trusted, that there were serious concerns about the sharing of data across Departments as part of the single customer view dataset that comprises the public services card dataset. Is there a satisfactory legal basis for that and, if there is not, what measures might be taken? I have raised concerns previously with the...
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Public Services Card (25 Sep 2018)
John Curran: 156. To ask the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform his plans to extend the number and category of bodies and associated timeframe that may be permitted to request the public services card; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [38891/18]
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Passport Applications Administration (18 Sep 2018)
Simon Coveney: ...Nos. 123 and 124 together. SAFE Level 2, SAFE2, registration is a process that allows a person to verify their identity for a number of public services provided by specified bodies. The Public Services Card and the relevant issuing process, which is managed by the Department of Social Protection, requires SAFE2 registration and verification. SAFE2 is secure & robust and...
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Impact of Retirement Packages for Postmasters: Discussion (4 Sep 2018)
Mr. David McRedmond: Regarding government services, I will merely list a few: car tax, M50 toll payments, Leap payments, the public services card and any digital ID. It is astonishing that one cannot buy a Leap card in a post office. Digital ID is becoming a bigger issue. It is not just for government services. It is also something that can be offered commercially for banks and elsewhere...
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Moderation of Violent and Harmful Content on the Facebook Platform: Discussion (1 Aug 2018)
...Jim Daly, brought to our attention at the start of this year. Others have also looked at this. That would necessitate a requirement that any social media account would have to be linked to a public services card or some other official identification. For us to be sure before anybody signs up for the service that he or she is under 13 years of age, we would have to take identification...
- Public Accounts Committee: Business of Committee (12 Jul 2018) See 7 other results from this debate
Seán Fleming: .... The next item, comprising No. 1461C(i) and (ii), is from Ms Moyagh Murdock, chief executive officer of the Road Safety Authority, RSA, and concerns issues raised regarding the business case for the public services card or any assessments that were undertaken for the project. Shall we note and publish the item? The RSA has requested that we not publish the business case because it...