Wednesday, 11 May 2022
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.12 a.m.
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 37A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Christopher O'Sullivan -...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Harbours and Piers (4 speeches)
I note the presence of the Minister of State at the Department of Finance, Deputy Fleming. I am sure he will pass my sentiments and contribution on to the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the...
- Traffic Management (4 speeches)
Drimoleague is a vibrant village in west Cork with a very active community. However, the speed and scale of traffic going through the village is a major safety concern. Its location on one of...
- Road Projects (4 speeches)
I am grateful this Topical Issue matter was selected. I thank the Minister of State for being present to take it. The matter relates to local improvement scheme, LIS, roads around the country....
- School Patronage (5 speeches)
I very much appreciate the Minister's attendance and it demonstrates her commitment to this debate. The school development area in my constituency is known as Killester Raheny Clontarf. People...
- Living Wage Bill 2022: Second Stage [Private Members] (34 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am delighted to introduce the Labour Party Living Wage Bill 2022. I propose to share time with my colleague, Deputy Nash. For many...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (38 speeches)
We are a little behind schedule, so I ask for full co-operation, on every side, regarding the time limits. I call Deputy McDonald.
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (56 speeches)
There is a long-established pattern of the Israeli state targeting journalists who are covering the brutal occupation of Palestine. This systematic targeting has resulted in complaints being...
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in the Order of the Dáil of 30th July, 2020, setting out the rota in which Questions to members of the Government are to be asked, Questions for oral...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Cabinet Committees (20 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee that deals with the economy will next meet. [18417/22]
- Cabinet Committees (28 speeches)
11. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee on environment and climate change will next meet. [19798/22]
- Citizens' Assembly (27 speeches)
20. To ask the Taoiseach the expected timeline for the citizens’ assemblies committed to in the programme for Government. [21861/22]
- Defamation Act 2009 Review: Statements (17 speeches)
I thank the Deputies for providing me this opportunity to update them on my plans to reform and modernise defamation law in Ireland. Copies of my statement should have been left in. I will check.
- Protocol No. 21 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union: Motions (15 speeches)
I move the following motions: That Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland...
- Consumer Rights Bill 2022: Second Stage (24 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am delighted to bring before the House today the Consumer Rights Bill 2022. This Bill represents the biggest reform of consumer law in...
- Messages from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach has completed its consideration of the Consumer Credit (Amendment) Bill 2022 and has made amendments thereto. The...
- Electricity Regulation (Amendment) (Prohibition of Winter Disconnections) Bill 2021: Second Stage [Private Members] (1 speech)
I must now deal with a postponed division on amendment No. 1 to the Second Stage of Electricity Regulation (Amendment) (Prohibition of Winter Disconnections) Bill 2021.
- Rising Rental Costs: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
I must now deal with a postponed division on amendment No. 2 on the motion on rising rental costs.
- Affordable Housing: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
I must now deal with a postponed division on amendment No. 1 to the motion on affordable housing.