Wednesday, 27 April 2022
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.12 a.m.
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Crime Prevention (9 speeches)
I regret that once again, I have to speak in this House on the level of violence in our capital city. A dangerous level of unprovoked and gratuitous violence is being perpetrated against people...
- Bus Services (5 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this very important issue. Private bus operators are a fundamental part of our public transport service. In the way it has evolved...
- Health Services (8 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for his ten minutes this morning. This is black and white. What I want to raise probably goes back to late June of last year with the closure of the Owenacurra...
- Carbon Tax: Motion [Private Members] (85 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: notes that: — the regressive carbon tax was introduced by the Fianna Fáil/Green Party Government in 2010; — the tax initially...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (35 speeches)
The Residential Tenancies Board, RTB, published its quarterly rent index this morning and it shows again that the Government's housing policy is failing dismally. In fact, it makes for fairly...
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí agus ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy and Legislation (87 speeches)
Today the Dáil will vote on Sinn Féin's motion to stop the ban on the sale of turf. The Taoiseach has indicated that it is his intention to vote against the motion. He will do this...
- Veterinary Practice (Amendment) Bill 2021: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Agriculture, Food and the Marine in pursuant to Standing Orders 95(3)(a) and 178(1).
- Commission of Investigation (Nursing Homes) Bill 2022: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for a public inquiry into the management, in connection with nursing homes, of the risks to human life and health...
- One Ocean Summit Declaration: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, on foot of the One Ocean Summit held in Brest, France, from 9-11 February 2022, hereby acknowledges— — the role of the world's oceans as...
- Circular Economy, Waste Management (Amendment) and Minerals Development (Amendment) Bill 2022: Financial Resolution (1 speech)
I move: That provision be made in the Act giving effect to this Resolution for the charging in accordance with the Act of levies on certain single-use items; to provide for the charging in...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Government Communications (10 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the Government Information Service unit of his Department. [12672/22]
- Cabinet Committees (12 speeches)
6. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee on Europe will next meet. [17583/22]
- Cabinet Committees (11 speeches)
11. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee on Government co-ordination last met and will next meet. [14067/22]
- Judicial Appointments Commission Bill 2022: Second Stage (17 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am delighted to open the debate and the deliberations of the House on the Judicial Appointments Commission Bill 2022. The proposals I am...
- Garda Síochána (Functions and Operational Areas) Bill 2021: From the Seanad (12 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Protected Disclosures (Amendment) Bill 2022: Report and Final Stages (16 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 to 8, inclusive, not moved.
- Birth Information and Tracing Bill 2022: Report and Final Stages (84 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1, 3 and 10 to 13, inclusive, are related and may be discussed together, by agreement. However, there is no one present to move amendment No. 1.
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (1 speech)
It is proposed, notwithstanding the Order of the Dáil yesterday, that proceedings on the Report and Final Stages of the Birth Information and Tracing Bill 2022 shall, if not previously...
- Birth Information and Tracing Bill 2022: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (89 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 18: -(Deputy Kathleen Funchion)
- Financial Resolutions 2022 (1 speech)
I move the following Financial Resolutions:
- Financial Resolution No. 1: Value-Added Tax (0 speeches)
- Financial Resolution No. 2: Mineral Oils Tax (46 speeches)
(1) THAT for the purposes of the tax charged by virtue of section 95 of the Finance Act 1999 (No. 2 of 1999), that Act be amended, with effect as on and from 1 May 2022, by substituting the...
- Housing (Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability) Bill 2021: Second Stage (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
I must now deal with a postponed division on amendment No. 1 to the Second Stage motion on the Housing (Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability) Bill 2021.
- Home Heating Fuels: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (2 speeches)
I must now deal with a postponed division on amendment No. 2 to the motion on home heating fuels.
- Carbon Tax: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
I must now deal with a postponed division on amendment No. 1 to the motion regarding removal of the carbon tax.