Wednesday, 8 December 2021
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.12 a.m.
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Holly Cairns and...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Flood Risk Management (6 speeches)
I hope the Minister of State has been briefed on the severe flooding in Bantry yesterday as a result of Storm Barra. From early yesterday morning, when the storm made landfall, the fire brigade...
- Flood Risk Management (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming in this morning. I know she has a very busy portfolio and this is not her domain. Like my colleagues, Deputies Cairns and Christopher O'Sullivan, I will...
- Mental Health Services (4 speeches)
I raise the issue of funding for voluntary mental health services in general. This week, within my constituency of Tipperary, one particular organisation raised concerns about its future due to...
- Housing Schemes (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for facilitating this important matter. In 2004, 62 apartments were part of an affordable housing scheme at Poolbeg Quay, at the end of Sean Moore Road in Ringsend....
- Offshore Renewable Energy: Motion [Private Members] (25 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: recognises that: — Ireland has one of the largest maritime areas in the European Union (EU), seven times larger than our land mass, and covers...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (95 speeches)
The Government's approach to housing is failing miserably. Dublin City Council and Cork City Council commissioned KPMG to conduct analysis of future housing needs as part for their development...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (82 speeches)
Yesterday, I raised the contract signed by government with National Broadband Ireland, NBI, and pointed out that the majority shareholder of that consortium is Oak Hill Advisors, a firm with more...
- International Protection (Family Reunification) (Amendment) Bill 2017 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice pursuant to Standing Orders 95(3)(a) and 178(1).
- Estimates for Public Services 2021 (1 speech)
I move the following Supplementary Estimates: Vote 6 — Chief State Solicitor's Office (Supplementary Estimate) That a supplementary sum not exceeding €3,000,000 be granted to...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Brexit Issues (16 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee on Brexit will next meet. [58578/21]
- Departmental Functions (26 speeches)
8. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the public service, justice and police reform division of his Department. [58549/21]
- Departmental Functions (16 speeches)
13. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the social dialogue co-ordination unit of his Department. [58550/21]
- Health Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2021: Second Stage (Resumed) (6 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Health Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2021: Financial Resolution (1 speech)
I move: THAT Section 125A of the Stamp Duties Consolidation Act 1999 (No. 31 of 1999) be amended to provide for the specified rate of stamp duty in respect of an insured person in respect of...
- Health Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2021: Committee and Remaining Stages (10 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Health and Criminal Justice (Covid-19) (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2021: Second Stage (Resumed) (1 speech)
I must now deal with a postponed division relating to Second Stage of the Health and Criminal Justice (Covid-19) (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2021. Last Friday, 3 December 2021, on the question,...
- Health and Criminal Justice (Covid-19) (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2021: Committee and Remaining Stages (119 speeches)
- Residential Tenancies (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2021 [Seanad]: Committee and Remaining Stages (55 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Planning and Development (Amendment) (Large-scale Residential Development) Bill 2021: Report and Final Stages (86 speeches)
As the Deputy is not present to move amendment No. 1, we will move on. Amendments Nos. 2 and 3 are related and may be discussed together.
- Criminal Justice (Smuggling of Persons) Bill 2021 [Seanad]: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages (11 speeches)