Wednesday, 19 June 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach Gníomhach (Deputy Eugene Murphy) i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (1 speech)
I wish everybody an enjoyable and productive day. Looking at the company I am in this morning, I am sure Deputies will stick to the time limits and I will have no difficulties.
- Corporation Tax (7 speeches)
23. To ask the Minister for Finance his plans to manage the risk posed to the public finances and the wider economy in view of the Irish Fiscal Advisory Council's recent warning that our...
- Income Data (7 speeches)
24. To ask the Minister for Finance his plans to increase the threshold for entry to the higher rate of tax to €50,000; the estimated cost of this measure; and if he will make a statement...
- Insurance Costs (10 speeches)
25. To ask the Minister for Finance the priority measures he is putting in place to tackle the growing insurance crisis facing businesses, charities, community groups, sporting clubs and others...
- VAT Rate Increases (65 speeches)
Following another great performance on TV3 last night, this question is from Deputy Michael Healy-Rae. The Deputy has 30 seconds.
- IBRC Liquidation (7 speeches)
27. To ask the Minister for Finance his plans to establish a committee of inspection in respect of IBRC; his plans to include on that committee independent non-departmental officials and external...
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- EU Budgets (7 speeches)
28. To ask the Minister for Finance the position with regard to the proposed introduction of a budget for the 19 eurozone countries in the EU; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [25244/19]
- Irish Fiscal Advisory Council Reports (7 speeches)
29. To ask the Minister for Finance the actions he will take on foot of the recent publication of the report of Irish Fiscal Advisory Council; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [25242/19]
- Insurance Costs (14 speeches)
30. To ask the Minister for Finance the measures taken to meet and engage with insurance companies regarding excessive premiums being charged to consumers particularly in counties Carlow and...
- Budget Measures (5 speeches)
31. To ask the Minister for Finance when the review of betting tax changes made in budget 2019 will be completed; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [25529/19]
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (40 speeches)
I get a sense that the Government does not fully appreciate the terrible impact that tomorrow's strike by healthcare assistants, laboratory and theatre operatives and chefs will have on our...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (87 speeches)
We are carrying forward the questions of 11 Deputies from yesterday and 16 further have indicated for today. There is one minute maximum for a question and one minute maximum for a reply. If...
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (10 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his meeting with the leader of the UK Labour Party, Mr. Jeremy Corbyn. [24098/19]
- Departmental Strategy Statements (30 speeches)
5. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the annual strategy update report in his Department. [24320/19]
- Taoiseach's Communications (18 speeches)
9. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his telephone call with the Australian Prime Minister, Mr. Scott Morrison. [24993/19]
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Fiona O'Loughlin - to...
- Pre-European Council: Statements (9 speeches)
I will attend a series of meetings of the European Council in Brussels this Thursday and Friday, 20 and 21 June. On Thursday afternoon and evening, we will meet in regular format, with all 28 EU...
- Visit of Moroccan Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding, I wish on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to the Speaker of the House...
- Pre-European Council Meeting: Statements (Resumed) (12 speeches)
As part of the strategic agenda, there is a statement about protecting citizens and freedoms. We should examine how Europe protects migrants and their freedoms. The Tánaiste was emphatic...
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (2 speeches)
It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, by the resolution of the Dáil yesterday, 18 June, that the Dáil shall sit at 10.30 a.m. on Thursday, 20 June.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice and Equality has completed its consideration of the Land and Conveyancing Law Reform (Amendment) Bill 2019 and the Courts (Establishment and Constitution)...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Beds Closures (15 speeches)
The Minister of State, Deputy Catherine Byrne, is aware of St. Mary's Hospital in the Phoenix Park and the important role it plays in community healthcare across the Dublin region.
- Primary Care Centres Provision (4 speeches)
Níl aon rud pearsanta ann ach tá mé míshásta nach bhfuil an tAire féin anseo. An uair dheireanach a bhí Saincheist Tráthúla agam, ní raibh an...
- Schools Building Projects Status (4 speeches)
Following a very long and intensive lobbying campaign by South Kildare Educate Together, parents in the community and public representatives, including myself, last November the very welcome news...
- Inland Waterways Development (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister for taking this important issue regarding the need for us to progress the Barrow Blueway. She will be aware of my keen interest in the progression of the blueway through...
- National Maternity Services: Motion [Private Members] (36 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann: recognises: - the need for Ireland’s maternity services to be as safe as possible for women and babies, including the need for women to be listened to...
- Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Law Provisions Bill 2018: From the Seanad (18 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Supplementary Report of the Scoping Inquiry into the CervicalCheck Screening Programme: Statements (103 speeches)
Last week, I published the Supplementary Report of the Scoping Inquiry into the CervicalCheck Screening Programme following a Cabinet meeting and today I welcome the opportunity to discuss the...
- Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Bill 2019 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (22 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Bill 2019: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice and Equality pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 149(1).
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the National Surplus (Reserve Fund for Exceptional Contingencies) Bill 2018, without amendment.