Wednesday, 15 May 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Hospital Consultant Recruitment (7 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Health his views on whether Ireland has a severe shortage of hospital consultants; his further views on whether a major reason for same is new entrant pay disparity;...
- Health Services Staff Recruitment (9 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Health the reason there has been a persistence with a recruitment embargo in the midst of a recruitment and retention crisis in the health service; and if his attention...
- Disability Support Services Funding (26 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Health the action he will take to address issues in the voluntary and non-profit sector which have been brought into focus by the difficulties currently being...
- Paediatric Services (9 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Health if the necessary staff have been recruited to ensure that the paediatric outpatient department and urgent care centre at Connolly Hospital can be operational...
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
Question No. 6 replied to with Written Answers.
- Disability Services Data (7 speeches)
7. To ask the Minister for Health the number of young persons with disabilities in County Meath seeking post-school placements at the end of the academic year; and if he will make a statement on...
- Hospital Facilities (9 speeches)
8. To ask the Minister for Health the status of the progression of plans for new endoscopy and mental health units at Naas General Hospital; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [20880/19]
- Home Care Packages Provision (8 speeches)
9. To ask the Minister for Health the extent to which home care packages are being made available to patients who might otherwise need hospitalisation; the number to date approved in each of the...
- Health Screening Programmes (10 speeches)
10. To ask the Minister for Health the implications for the National Screening Service of the recent High Court judgment in a case (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the...
- Drug and Alcohol Task Forces (7 speeches)
12. To ask the Minister for Health the way in which he can address the immediate funding requirements of drug and alcohol task forces; if his attention has been drawn to the valuable contribution...
- Mental Health Services Staff (8 speeches)
Deputy Eugene Murphy has lucky number 13.
- Primary Care Centres Provision (11 speeches)
22. To ask the Minister for Health if his attention has been drawn to the long delays in the delivery of a primary healthcare centre (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (51 speeches)
Yesterday, we went badly over time on Leaders’ Questions. I appeal to Members to adhere to Standing Orders.
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (40 speeches)
The availability of Spinraza has been debated in this House for a long time. Some time ago, many of us met the children and families who desperately need this drug to help treat spinal muscular...
- Visit of Tasmanian Delegation (1 speech)
Before we proceed with business, I extend a céad míle fáilte to two very distinguished guests who are with us today. I welcome the Speaker of the House of Assembly, the Parliament...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh (Atógáil) - Questions on Promised Legislation (Resumed) (11 speeches)
I call Deputy O'Keeffe.
- Messages from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice and Equality has completed its consideration of the Civil Law (Presumption of Death) Bill 2016, and has made amendments thereto. The select committee has also...
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Brian Stanley and Sean...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Post Office Network (6 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise this important matter with the Minister. I want him to halt the relocation of the post office in Mountmellick from O'Connell Square to Connolly Street. The...
- Illegal Dumping (6 speeches)
I apologise that the notice of my Topical Issue matter may be slightly different to the content but I ask the Minister to bear with me because it is an important matter. In recent years, I have...
- National Drugs Strategy (11 speeches)
On a point of information before I start, I asked for the Minister of State with responsibility for the national drug strategy to be present to hear the debate and I want to check whether she is...
- Mother and Baby Homes: Motion [Private Members] (14 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann, having been made aware in recent times of the activities in Mother and Baby Homes that operated throughout Ireland in the twentieth century: notes: —...
- Coroners (Amendment) Bill 2018: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Coroners (Amendment) Bill 2018: Report and Final Stages (34 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 to 3, inclusive, 6, 7, 10 and 14 to 20, inclusive, are related and may be discussed together.
- Aircraft Noise (Dublin Airport) Regulation Bill 2018: From the Seanad (Resumed) (66 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to resume consideration of amendment No. 1 to Seanad amendment No. 1.
- Greyhound Racing Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (36 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 1: - (Deputy Broughan)
- Teachtaireacht ón Seanad - Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Civil Registration Bill 2019, without amendment.