Tuesday, 16 April 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2 p.m.
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (134 speeches)
Before I commence my question, I join with the Taoiseach in offering our sympathies to the French people on the appalling fire that destroyed Notre Dame Cathedral yesterday evening. The...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (99 speeches)
Tuesday’s business shall be No. 10, motion re service by the Defence Forces with the United Nations in 2017 and 2018 annual report, referral to committee; No. 10a, motion re parliamentary...
- Reports Regarding Service by the Defence Forces with the United Nations in 2017 and 2018: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the reports by the Minister with Responsibility for Defence, regarding service by the Defence Forces with the United Nations in 2017...
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That, notwithstanding anything in the Order of the Dáil of 12th December, 2017, setting out the rota in which Questions to members of the Government are to be asked, Questions for...
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Martin Kenny - to...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Housing, Planning and Local Government has completed its consideration of the Residential Tenancies (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2018 and made amendments thereto.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (19 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he discussed the undocumented Irish at his meetings in the United States of America; and, if so, the response he received. [13892/19]
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (73 speeches)
7. To ask the Taoiseach when Cabinet committee E, health, last met; and when it is scheduled to meet again. [15014/19]
- Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- European Parliament Elections (7 speeches)
48. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade the steps being taken at EU level to address potential interference from outside actors in the upcoming European Parliament elections; and if...
- Good Friday Agreement (7 speeches)
49. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade if his attention has been drawn to the ongoing difficulties being faced by Irish citizens in Northern Ireland in asserting their Irish...
- Brexit Negotiations (8 speeches)
50. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade the status of Brexit in view of the granting of a flextension to 31 October 2019; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17782/19]
- Passport Services (9 speeches)
51. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade if airlines will be contacted to request the passport details of persons when they book flights (details supplied); and if a printing service...
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Israeli Settlements (29 speeches)
52. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade his views on the plans announced by the Israeli Ministry of Construction and Housing to move settlers into the illegally occupied Golan...
- Foreign Conflicts (7 speeches)
53. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade if his attention has been drawn to recent anti-Government protests in Sudan (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the...
- Passport Applications Data (7 speeches)
54. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade the position regarding the increased take-up of the online passport service; his plans to extend the online service for more applications;...
- Religious Persecution (15 speeches)
55. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade the diplomatic steps Ireland is taking to highlight and end the persecution of Christians worldwide. [17616/19]
- Foreign Conflicts (12 speeches)
56. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade Ireland's position on the situation in Libya in the context of the recent advance of a person (details supplied) on Tripoli. [17627/19]
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Nursing Home Accommodation Provision (4 speeches)
The Alzheimer's unit at St. John’s Hospital, Sligo, which has more than 30 beds, was closed down last year and all of the patients were moved out. The reasons given for the closure at the...
- Archaeological Sites (8 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue. While I am grateful that the Minister of State, Deputy Cannon, is here, I ask him to express my serious disappointment to the...
- Post Office Network (15 speeches)
I understand that the Minister of State, Deputy Canney, will be taking this matter on behalf of the Minister, Deputy Bruton.
- National Broadband Plan Implementation (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. On a daily basis, the entire process of the national broadband plan is becoming more and more like the national children's hospital debacle We have claims that...
- Air Transport Preclearance Agreement: Motion (15 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of the Agreement Amending the Agreement between the Government of Ireland and the Government of the United States of America on Air Transport...
- General Practitioner Contractual Reform: Statements (11 speeches)
I am pleased to be here this evening to update the House on the outcome of the recently concluded general practitioner, GP, contract talks. I genuinely believe this represents a major step...
- Greyhound Racing Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Greyhound Racing Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages (5 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 and 5 to 8, inclusive, are related and may be discussed together.
- Civil Liability and Courts (Amendment) Bill 2019: Second Stage [Private Members] (16 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am happy to speak on this Bill this evening. Contrary to what the Taoiseach has espoused, this Bill forms part of a series of...