Thursday, 19 April 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Acting Chairman (Deputy Eugene Murphy) i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (5 speeches)
I remind Ministers and Deputies that I will be strictly enforcing the timeframes for questions. There are 30 seconds for the Deputy to introduce a question and two minutes for a response from...
- General Practitioner Contracts (8 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Health if he will report on the negotiation of a new general practitioner contract; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17265/18]
- Health Services Staff (9 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Health if his attention has been drawn to the increased incidence of assaults on staff in the health service, if reports have been conducted into the issue of assaults,...
- Respite Care Services Provision (7 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Health when the additional respite facilities for persons with disabilities and their families announced in the HSE service plan will be in place and if he will make a...
- Hospital Admissions (9 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Health the actions he has taken to reduce the number of persons waiting on trolleys, chairs and temporary beds for hospital admission; and if he will make a statement...
- National Treatment Purchase Fund (7 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Health his views on whether the recently announced funding for the National Treatment Purchase Fund, NTPF, to procure medical procedures in private hospitals represents...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services (7 speeches)
6. To ask the Minister for Health his plans to reconfigure cardiovascular services in County Louth and the north-east region; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17085/18]
- Home Help Service Provision (8 speeches)
7. To ask the Minister for Health the reason Meath local health office experienced a reduction of 36,253 home help hours in 2017; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17042/18]
- Emergency Departments (7 speeches)
8. To ask the Minister for Health the status of the extension of the emergency department in Mayo University Hospital; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17028/18]
- Medicinal Products Regulation (7 speeches)
9. To ask the Minister for Health the steps he and the Health Service Executive have taken regarding the issue of children affected by foetal anticonvulsant syndrome, FACS, in circumstances in...
- Hospital Services (14 speeches)
10. To ask the Minister for Health when the consultation process on the Midland Regional Hospital Portlaoise involving local clinicians and the community will begin; and the expected timeframe...
- Mental Health Policy (7 speeches)
11. To ask the Minister for Health the persons undertaking the review of A Vision for Change; the terms of reference including confirmation that the terms include the re-establishment of an...
- Hospital Waiting Lists (6 speeches)
13. To ask the Minister for Health his plans to reduce waiting lists for orthopaedic treatment; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17007/18]
- Mental Health Services Provision (5 speeches)
14. To ask the Minister for Health his plans to improve the services and facilities for adolescent psychiatric patients in County Tipperary; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17081/18]
- Leaders' Questions (44 speeches)
We are all aware that a case is being taken by the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement about very serious allegations. It is under judicial review. I want to ask the Tánaiste...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (66 speeches, 1 comment)
I remind Deputies that the format is a question and answer, and not to expand.
- Child Care (Amendment) Bill 2018: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend section 12 of the Child Care Act 1991 to ensure that a child care service provider has lawful authority to retain custody...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Anne Rabbitte and Sean...
- Fodder Shortage: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (2 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Charlie McConalogue on Tuesday, 17 April 2018:
- Provision of Objective Sex Education Bill 2018: Second Stage (Resumed) [Private Members] (5 speeches)
I must now deal with a postponed division relating to Second Stage of the Provision of Objective Sex Education Bill 2018. On the question, "That the Bill be now read a Second Time", a division...
- Provision of Objective Sex Education Bill 2018: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Education and Skills pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 141 of the Standing Orders relative to Public Business.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach has completed its consideration of the Fossil Fuel Divestment Bill 2016 and made no amendments thereto.
- Plastic and Packaging Pollution: Statements (21 speeches)
With the agreement of the House, I wish to share time with the Minister of State, Deputy Damien English.
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Voluntary Sector Funding (6 speeches)
I thank the Minister for coming in to bring clarity to a question that has been in the media for the last week with regard to the withdrawal of funding for Scouting Ireland. Scouting Ireland...
- Water Pollution (9 speeches)
I am glad to have the opportunity to raise this issue on behalf of the Barrow River Piscatorial Society. I thank my colleagues, Deputies Martin Ferris and Martin Kenny, for their support in this...
- Hospital Staff Recruitment (6 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Catherine Byrne, for coming into the Chamber today but I must say I am disappointed that, again, the Minister of State with line responsibility, Deputy Jim...
- Hospital Services (10 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise what is a very important issue in my constituency, namely, the future of services at Midland Regional Hospital Portlaoise. I am disappointed...
- Extreme Weather (Miscellaneous Provisions Bill) 2018: Second Stage [Private Members] (33 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." This Bill provides for the safety of workers when certain red alert severe weather warnings are issued by Met Éireann. It will enhance...