Wednesday, 12 June 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (115 speeches)
The Minister for Finance, following publication of the Mercer report on bankers' pay and so on, requested the banks to reduce the pay of bank workers by between 6% and 10%. The impression given...
- Business of Dáil (1 speech)
I would like, on behalf of us all, to welcome to the Distinguished Visitors Gallery, Mrs. Mary Morley, the widow of the late P.J. Morley, her daughter Cathy, sons Patrick, Enda and Brian. I...
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy (8 speeches)
Táimid bailithe anseo chun comhbhrón a dhéanamh le clann P.J. Morley agus, mar aon le sin, léiriú do chách an méad meas a bhí againn go léir air agus...
- Order of Business (47 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 11a, motion re ministerial rota for parliamentary questions; No. 19, Housing (Amendment) Bill 2013 - Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; No. 20, Health Service...
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That, notwithstanding anything in the Order of the Dáil of 9 March, 2011, setting out then rota in which Questions to members of the Government are to be asked, Questions for oral...
- Housing (Amendment) Bill 2013: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now".
- Housing (Amendment) Bill 2013: Report and Final Stages (29 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 to 3, inclusive, are related and will be discussed together.
- Health Service Executive (Governance) Bill 2012 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Health Service Executive (Governance) Bill 2012 [Seanad]: Report Stage (25 speeches)
Amendment No. a1 not moved.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Water Services Provision (6 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government if he will provide a county breakdown of the number of local authority staff engaged in water services; the future plans for...
- Local Government Reform (12 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government in view of the new municipal districts proposed by the Local Boundary Commission, noting that some of these cover large...
- Water Charges Administration (8 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government if he foresees a reduction in commercial water rates under Irish Water in view of the fact that the local authorities have...
- Leader Programmes Funding (8 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government the total revised amount of funding available under the LEADER programme for projects; the amount of this funding allocated...
- Rental Accommodation Scheme Administration (6 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government if his attention has been drawn to the problem that many tenants are having finding suitable accommodation under the rental...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Water Meters Installation (31 speeches)
6. To ask the Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government the schedule for the installation of water meters in the different local authority areas. [28077/13]
- Dormant Accounts Fund Administration (21 speeches)
8. To ask the Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government the amount of money sanctioned from the Dormant Accounts Fund for projects in the past three years 2011, 2012 and 2013; and...
- Pyrite Remediation Programme Issues (18 speeches)
9. To ask the Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government the portion of the surplus held by the Homebond fund, so far denied to householders with Homebond structural guarantee and...
- Messages from Select Committees (1 speech)
The Select sub-Committee on Public Expenditure and Reform has completed its consideration of the Construction Contracts Bill 2010 and has made amendments thereto.
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Derek Keating - dog...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Domestic Violence Incidence (8 speeches)
I recently visited the family courts in Dolphin House where I witnessed at first hand the archaic buildings, lack of basic facilities and long queue of people seeking to access the courts. Women...
- Pension Provisions (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this most important topic for debate, and I thank the Minister, Deputy Burton, for her presence here, which indicates clearly that this is an issue to...
- Educational Research Centre (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State at the Department of Education and Skills, Deputy Cannon, for taking this Topical Issue. I wish to be clear from the outset that I am raising this matter in a...
- Leader Programmes (6 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this matter and the Minister for coming to the House. There has been some confusion on the question of community project funds through the...
- Health Service Executive (Governance) Bill 2012: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (75 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 2In page 6, line 26, after "Act" to insert the following:", one of whom shall be a Director of Mental Health". -(Deputy Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin).
- Further Education and Training Bill 2013: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Further Education and Training Bill 2013: Report Stage (63 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 to 3, inclusive, 5, 6, 21 to 23, inclusive, 32, 39 and 40 are related and may be discussed together.
- Finance (Local Property Tax Repeal) Bill 2013 [Private Members]: Second Stage (Resumed) (179 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Further Education and Training Bill 2013: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (4 speeches)
Amendment No. 43 has already been discussed with amendment No. 30.