Thursday, 21 June 2012
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (43 speeches)
Everybody agrees that the report published yesterday on the deaths of children in care is harrowing. It is worth reading some of the statistics. The report provides details of 196 children who...
- Order of Business (50 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 1, Statute Law Revision Bill 2012 [Seanad] - Second and Subsequent Stages; and No. 19, statements on nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation issues, to be taken on...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation has completed its consideration of the Companies (Amendment) Bill 2012 and has made no amendments thereto.
- Statute Law Revision Bill 2012 [Seanad]: Second and Subsequent Stages (21 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to bring the Statute Law Revision Bill 2012 before the House. It received a thorough and interesting debate in the Seanad as well...
- Nuclear Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Issues: Statements (11 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to discuss nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation issues with Deputies. For more than five decades, the Government has pursued a policy of complete...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Pension Provisions (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for affording me an opportunity to raise this important issue, namely, the need for the Health Service Executive to tackle the backlog in processing pension...
- Child Care Services (4 speeches)
Thank you, a Cheann Comhairle, for selecting this issue, following the publication of the report of the child death review panel yesterday. The report made for harrowing reading, showing that...
- Urban Renewal Schemes (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for being present to take this matter. I am sure she is familiar with the background to the Dominick Street regeneration project. It is one of the flagship...
- Turbary Rights (11 speeches)
Serious issues were raised by the stand-off in Clonmoylan last night which the Minister needs to address. Fully assembled State forces amassed against ordinary decent citizens. This represents...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Defence Forces Strength (29 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Defence further to his recent announcement to disband the Western Brigade reducing the number of brigades from three to two, the time frame for the...
- Army Barracks (35 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Defence the savings that have been made as a result of the closure of Kickham Barracks, Clonmel, County Tipperary; the costs associated with the provision of...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Defence Forces Review (17 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Defence the scale of redeployment of Defence Forces personnel which will be required to facilitate the restructuring of the Defence Forces organisation to a...
- Overseas Missions (4 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Defence his plans to reduce the amount of Irish Soldiers engaged in our 14 overseas mission; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [29950/12]
- Medicinal Products (11 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of Defence Force personnel who were discharged after taking Lariam. [30057/12]
- Overseas Missions (9 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will provide an update on the joint Irish-Finnish UNIFIL mission. [30062/12]