Wednesday, 20 January 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (116 speeches, 4 comments)
Yesterday we had a number of questions, statements and the debate on a Labour Party motion in respect of the banking crisis and an investigation into that. The Government has published its...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Expenditure. (46 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will make a statement on the Estimates in respect of his Department for 2010. [46879/09]
- Request to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (8 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a notice under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (154 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 24, statements on European Council, Brussels; No. 12, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann for a Council decision on setting up the standing committee on...
- European Council Meeting: Statements (28 speeches)
I call on the Taoiseach to make a statement under Standing Order 43. These statements shall be confined to the Taoiseach and the main spokespersons for Fine Gael, the Labour Party and Sinn...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Promotions.
- Defence Forces Promotions. (28 speeches)
Question 69: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of promotions by rank and appointment that have occurred within the Defence Forces since he announced on 24 November 2009 that he had...
- Physical Fitness Promotion. (20 speeches)
Question 70: To ask the Minister for Defence his views on whether there is a case for a Defence Forces role in promoting physical activity fitness and supporting the delivery of physical...
- Defence Forces Deployment. (25 speeches)
Question 71: To ask the Minister for Defence the initiation procedures under which members of the Defence Forces were deployed to deal with the weather crisis in December 2009 and January 2010;...
- Irish Red Cross Society. (22 speeches)
Question 72: To ask the Minister for Defence if he has received the copy of the internal governance reform review of the Irish Red Cross Society; the action he proposes to take arising from the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Overseas Missions. (44 speeches)
Question 74: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of Irish Troops currently serving on missions overseas; their location; when he plans to downsize the Defence Forces' participation in...
- Defence Forces Review. (12 speeches)
Question 75: To ask the Minister for Defence the estimated savings expected to be made through reduced outsourcing of primary care appointments within and through the medical corps of the...
- Army Barracks. (3 speeches)
Question 76: To ask the Minister for Defence if the closure of a major barracks in Dublin, as indicated in the report of the special group on public service numbers and expenditure programmes,...
- Defence Forces Deployment. (30 speeches)
Question 77: To ask the Minister for Defence the extent of the deployment in various locations of the Defence Forces to assist in dealing with the extreme weather conditions since 1 December...
- Private Notice Questions (0 speeches)
- Industrial Action. (46 speeches)
I will call on the Deputies who tabled questions to the Minister for Transport in the order in which they submitted their questions to my office.
- Operational Co-operation on EU Internal Security: Motion. (8 speeches)
Speeches shall be confined to the Minister and to the main spokespersons for Fine Gael, the Labour Party and Sinn Féin, who shall be called upon in that order and who may share time, and shall...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Ulick Burke - the works...
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2009 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (20 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Banking Crisis: Motion (Resumed) (95 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Joan Burton on Tuesday, 19 January 2010:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Job Creation. (7 speeches)
I wish to share my time with Deputy Deenihan.
- Substance Abuse. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important issue which is of particular concern. I am alarmed at reports in the media in recent weeks about head shops, although such...
- Tourism Promotion. (9 speeches)
I am glad to raise one of the real good news stories in respect of sport and economics to have taken place in the past 12 months and which I believe has not received sufficient recognition of its...
- School Libraries. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise the issue of the school library service, SLS, which is available in every county. There are structures in place to provide school books to...