Tuesday, 22 September 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Active Citizenship. (40 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the status of the recommendations of the task force on active citizenship; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [13188/09]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Prison Accommodation. (21 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of prisoner places available in each prison here; the number of prisoners currently in each prison; and his plans...
- Criminal Prosecutions. (40 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if all sections of the Criminal Justice (Amendment) Act 2009, have been brought into operation; the number of occasions on...
- Garda Deployment. (10 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of community gardaí assigned to each county that borders Northern Ireland; his views on whether an absence of...
- European Arrest Warrants. (8 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the reason suspects subject to European arrest warrants were released in 2008 due to processing delays; and if he will make...
- Citizenship Applications. (10 speeches, 2 comments)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his plans to review citizenship laws here; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [31687/09]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Gambling Legislation. (36 speeches)
Question 12: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the progress made by the casino gaming control section of his Department in its review of gambling; and if he will make a...
- Prison Building Programme. (32 speeches)
Question 13: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the status of the Thornton Hall prison project; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [31461/09]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Thomas Byrne - the...
- Leaders' Questions (60 speeches)
Today, the Central Statistics Officer released figures which show emigration is a feature again in Ireland for the first time since 1996 and that we have also lost 174,000 jobs in the year to...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (3 speeches)
Anois, iarratas chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. Now we come to a request to move the Adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (118 speeches)
The Order of Business today is No. 13, motion re: referral to Select Committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the terms of the Convention on the European Forest Institute; No. 2,...
- Convention on the European Forest Institute: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves in accordance with Article 29.5.2 of Bunreacht na hÉireann, the terms of the Convention on the European Forest Institute, a copy of which...
- National Asset Management Agency Bill 2009: Second Stage (Resumed) (18 speeches)
The following motion was moved by the Minister for Finance, Deputy Brian Lenihan, on Wednesday, 16 September 2009:
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Public Appointments Transparency Bill 2008: Second Stage. (28 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I wish to share time with Deputies Feighan, Doyle, Stanton and Bannon.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Job Initiative Programme.
- Job Initiative Programme. (3 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for selecting this item concerning the future of the job initiative scheme, which has less than 1,450 participants throughout the country. I was directly...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
It is with a certain level of regret that I raise this matter on the Adjournment this evening. In February, the Minister for Education and Science, Deputy Batt O'Keeffe, gave a commitment that...
- Traffic Management (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue and appreciate that the Minister of State, Deputy Mansergh, who has responsibility for the Office of Public Works, has come to...
- Hospital Services. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this important and urgent issue for all senior citizens in Kildare and west Wicklow in receipt of care at St. Vincent's Hospital, Athy, County Kildare....