Wednesday, 5 November 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (56 speeches)
On this morning it is appropriate we bear in mind the absolutely stunning victory of Senator Barack Obama in his bid to become the 44th President of the United States. I am sure the House would...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Official Engagements. (46 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach when he expects to visit the United States next; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [29461/08]
- Requests to Move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (4 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. We will now deal with requests to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (94 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 17, Charities Bill 2007 — Report Stage (resumed) and Final Stages; No. 16, Financial Motions by the Minister for Finance 2009, motion 15 (resumed), to be taken...
- Charities Bill 2007: Report Stage (Resumed) (40 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 4:
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Economic Competitiveness. (12 speeches)
Question 96: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the role he plays in securing foreign direct investment from the USA; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [38566/08]
- International Agreements. (10 speeches)
Question 97: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his views on the proposals for a new institution at United Nations level to deal with international monetary transfers and trade which...
- Foreign Conflicts. (6 speeches)
Question 98: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the situation in the Democratic Republic of Congo; the steps Ireland can take to assist in the situation; and if he will make a statement...
- Middle East Peace Process. (6 speeches)
Question 99: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the latest situation in Israel and the Palestinian territories, specifically with regard to the position in the Gaza strip; if he is in a...
- Overseas Development Aid. (8 speeches)
Question 100: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the practical difference the Accra agenda for action will have on Irish aid policies and day to day operations in Ireland's development...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
European Neighbourhood Policy.
- European Neighbourhood Policy. (16 speeches)
Question 101: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his medium-term policy perspective with regard to supporting central and eastern European countries as they balance their priorities...
- Overseas Development Aid. (23 speeches)
Question 102: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the funding in his budget targeted at UNRWA; if the commitment given by the Government in 2007 for increased funding in 2008, 2009 and...
- Diplomatic Representation. (13 speeches)
Question 104: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the steps he is taking to strengthen Ireland's level of representation in the US Federal Government and on Capitol Hill in order to...
- Foreign Conflicts. (11 speeches)
Question 105: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his views on the comments of Sir John Holmes, UN Under Secretary General for humanitarian affairs and emergency relief co-ordinator,...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy John O'Mahony — the...
- Charities Bill 2007: Report Stage (Resumed). (185 speeches)
Amendment No. 15 not moved.
- Charities Bill 2007: Fifth Stage (3 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill do now pass."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Training Programmes: Motion (Resumed) (42 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Leo Varadkar on Tuesday, 4 November 2008:
- Financial Resolutions 2009 (0 speeches)
- Financial Resolution No. 15: General (Resumed) (104 speeches)
Debate resumed on the following motion:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the office of the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to speak on this issue, which is affecting a large number of people — many of them in my constituency — who are dependent on the...
- Cancer Screening. (2 speeches)
Nine patients in the north east had a misdiagnosis of lung cancer, thus losing valuable time for their essential medical treatment. At least one of these patients would have had a major chance...
- Drug Treatment Programme (6 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputies Feighan and Naughten.
- Anti-Social Behaviour. (2 speeches)
Hallowe'en, a traditional time for religious commemoration, being the eve of the feast of All Saints, has become an occasion for serious anti-social behaviour. In my constituency of Dublin...