Tuesday, 4 July 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Dublin-Monaghan Bombings. (21 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he has received a further interim report from the MacEntee Commission into the 1974 Dublin and Monaghan bombings; if it is intended to publish this report; if...
- Office of the Attorney General. (31 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach if he is satisfied that all the recommendations made in the 1994 report of the review group on the Office of the Attorney General have been implemented and remain...
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- School Evaluations. (10 speeches)
Question 28: To ask the Minister for Education and Science when a full whole-school evaluation report will be publicly available for every primary and post-primary school; and if she will make a...
- Disadvantaged Status. (6 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for Education and Science when she expects decisions to be made on appeals from schools in respect of their inclusion under the DEIS initiative; if the anomaly...
- Commercial Research. (19 speeches)
Question 30: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if she has carried out or will carry out a full investigation into revelations that a publicly-funded third level institution has been...
- School Staffing. (4 speeches)
Question 32: To ask the Minister for Education and Science her proposals for dealing with the new challenges in education in the provision of English as a second language to newcomer children in...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Garda Vetting Services.
- Garda Vetting Services. (26 speeches)
Question 33: To ask the Minister for Education and Science when all teachers, both new and practising, will be subject to vetting; the timescale for the full introduction of vetting in the...
- Education Welfare Service. (7 speeches)
Question 34: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the most recent information relating to the average caseload for each educational welfare officer; and if she will make a statement on...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Connolly — the remedial...
- Leaders' Questions. (171 speeches)
I have been presented, as other Members have, with the second report of the Commission on Electronic Voting on the secrecy, accuracy and testing of the chosen electronic voting system. This is...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (89 speeches)
On a point of order, would the Ceann Comhairle be kind enough to explain to the House how the terms of reference for the commission seem to have been abrogated in the manner of the handling-——
- Institutes of Technology Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage. (11 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 52 to 54, inclusive, not moved.
- Planning and Development (Strategic Infrastructure) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Planning and Development (Strategic Infrastructure) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Report Stage. (34 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 2, 6, 8, 9, 24, 28 and 31 are related to amendment No. 1. Amendment No. 7 is an alternative to amendment No. 6, amendment No. 25 is an alternative to amendment No. 24 and...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Government Record: Motion. (212 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, noting that it is now more than four years since the last general election: deploring the many failures of the current Government including: — the failure to deal...
- Planning and Development (Strategic Infrastructure) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage. (41 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 10:
- Defence (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage. (43 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to bring this Bill before the House. This is a short Bill, which is designed to amend and update the Defence Acts regarding the...
- Defence (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Committee and Remaining Stages. (88 speeches)
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Care of the Elderly.
- Care of the Elderly. (2 speeches)
Cé go bhfuil sé déanach, gabhaim buíochas as ucht an seans an rún seo a mholadh. I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to raise this matter, despite the fact it is rather...
- Special Educational Needs. (2 speeches)
I am delighted to have an opportunity to speak on the withdrawal of home tuition grants. In the past, the Minister for Education and Science, Deputy Hanafin, emphasised her commitment to ensuring...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
The announcement in April by the Minister for Education and Science of an additional primary school, St. Benedict's, for the Ongar and Castaheany area was welcomed by all the community because of...
- Planning Issues. (5 speeches)
I wish to share one minute of my time with Deputy Timmins, by agreement.