Thursday, 27 January 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Request to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (7 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I will call the Deputies in the order in which they submitted them to my office.
- Order of Business. (48 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 1, the Proceeds of Crime (Amendment) Bill 1999 — amendment from the Seanad; and No. 18, the Disability Bill 2004 — Second Stage (resumed). It is proposed,...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Accident and Emergency Services: Motion (Resumed).
- Accident and Emergency Services: Motion (Resumed). (20 speeches)
The delivery of accident and emergency services continues to receive attention at the highest political and official level. A new vigour has now been given to the issue by the Tánaiste. Her plan...
- Proceeds of Crime (Amendment) Bill 1999: From the Seanad. (8 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider an amendment from the Seanad.
- Disability Bill 2004: Second Stage (Resumed). (24 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Ceisteanna—Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- EU Directives. (15 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the action she is taking to address the rejection by the EU Commission of the Government's implementation strategy on the nitrates...
- Bovine Diseases. (6 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her views on recent research which indicates that other animal organs, previously considered safe, could harbour BSE and pose a risk of...
- Farm Retirement Scheme. (8 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the action she will take to deal with the various anomalies in the farm retirement scheme; and if she will make a statement on the matter....
- Animal Transport Regulations. (14 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the steps she intends to take to support farmers and transporters to meet the new animal transport regulations agreed in Brussels in...
- Renewable Energy Crops. (4 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if he will make a statement on the potential of renewable energy crops within the context of the reformed Common Agricultural Policy. [2175/05]
- Foot and Mouth Disease. (9 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her views on the recent report from the European Court of Auditors on the European Commission's handling of the foot and mouth outbreak in...
- Live Exports. (4 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her plans to facilitate the export of live cattle through the United Kingdom to European markets; and if she will make a statement on the...
- Private Notice Questions. (0 speeches)
- Food Industry. (51 speeches)
I now come to deal with Private Notice Questions to the Minister for Agriculture and Food regarding the proposed closure of the Greencore sugar factory in Carlow. I will call on the Deputies to...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Durkan — if the...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Departmental Accommodation. (2 speeches)
I recall the words of the late James Dillon, a former Minister for Agriculture, at the opening of the Michael Davitt House complex in Castlebar in the late 1970s. Coming from the land of Michael...
- Hospital Services. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity of raising this very important matter on the Adjournment. If the Chair will indulge me, I support Deputy Kenny and hope there will be a straight answer because...
- National Aquatic Centre. (2 speeches)
I thank the Chair for allowing me to raise this important issue. I call for the establishment of an independent international and expert inquiry into the recent forced closure of the National...
- Social and Affordable Housing. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing this important matter relating to west Cork to be taken on the Adjournment. I also thank the Minister of State, Deputy Noel Ahern. In 2003, Teagasc made...