Tuesday, 19 October 2004
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Sustaining Progress. (55 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his recent contacts with the social partners. [18253/04]
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Overseas Development Aid.
- Overseas Development Aid. (83 speeches)
Question 156: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if the Government will achieve the United Nations target for overseas development aid by 2007; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Northern Ireland Issues. (10 speeches)
Question 159: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he will elaborate upon his statement, made while attending discussions in Belfast on 12 October 2004, regarding the participation of Sinn...
- Services for Emigrants. (4 speeches)
Question 160: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the progress made to date on the implementation of the recommendations made in the task force on policy regarding Emigrants Ireland and the...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
British-Irish Intergovernmental Conference.
- British-Irish Intergovernmental Conference. (11 speeches)
Question 161: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the issues discussed and matters raised at the meeting of the British-Irish Intergovernmental Conference, held at Farmleigh on 7 July 2004;...
- Middle East Peace Process. (9 speeches)
Question 162: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his position on the roadmap for peace in Palestine and Israel; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [25293/04]
- Irish Language. (17 speeches)
Question 163: To ask the Aire Gnóthaí Eachtracha cén dul chun cinn atá déanta aige agus ag an Rialtas sa chomhphlé le ballstáit eile an AE chun stádas oifigiúil a bhaint amach don...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Twomey — the need to...
- Leaders' Questions. (81 speeches)
The crisis in our accident and emergency departments has, unfortunately, become an accepted part of a health system, on which €44 billion has been spent in the past eight years. This afternoon,...
- Request to Move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (11 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (69 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 13, motion re Proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Draft Order entitled Adoptive Leave Act 1995 (Extension of Periods of Leave) Order 2004 (back from committee);...
- Adoptive Leave Order: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approve the Draft Order entitled Adoptive Leave Act 1995 (Extension of Periods of Leave) Order 2004, copies of which were laid before Dáil Éireann on 9 September, 2004.
- Residential Institutions Redress Order: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the following Draft Order: Residential Institutions Redress Act 2002 (Additional Institutions) Order 2004, copies of which were laid before Dáil Éireann on...
- Horse and Greyhound Racing Fund Order: Motion. (17 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Horse and Greyhound Racing Fund Regulations 2004, a copy of which order in draft was laid before Dáil Éireann on 22 September,...
- Water Services Bill 2003 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed). (16 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Special Educational Needs: Motion.
- Special Educational Needs: Motion. (24 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: —recognising the frustration of parents of those children whose needs are not being met because long-promised resources are not in place; —questioning the...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Medicinal Products. (2 speeches)
I congratulate the Tánaiste on her new position as Minister for Health and Children. She has taken on a very responsible job and I wish her the best in it as the area is a very difficult one. In...
- Accident and Emergency Services. (2 speeches)
This is the first time in my recollection that relatives of very sick people lying on trolleys have taken to the streets and have stood outside the gates of Dáil Éireann. They have come from...
- Hospital Services. (4 speeches)
Thank you for the opportunity to raise this matter on the Adjournment. Six Mayo patients requiring dialysis are currently obliged to pass by a state-of-the-art dialysis unit at Mayo General...
- Industrial Disputes. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for affording us the opportunity of raising this issue. I will share time with Deputies Collins and Neville who are equally concerned about this issue. I congratulate...