Dáil debates

Thursday, 30 July 2020

Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation


12:55 pm

Photo of Leo VaradkarLeo Varadkar (Dublin West, Fine Gael) | Oireachtas source

The Government will make this decision at our Cabinet meeting next Tuesday. It will depend on two things. The first is advice from the National Public Health Emergency Team, NPHET, on how we might manage social distancing in pubs and open them safely, which will be difficult to do, but not impossible. Second, it will depend on the epidemiological data on how we are doing with the virus. We do not have those numbers yet but we plan to make a decision on this issue next Tuesday. I hope it will be a positive decision, but I cannot make that commitment now.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.