This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Bodies, Departmental Expenditure, Departmental Staff, Departmental Agencies, Tax Code
(based on written questions asked by Leo Varadkar and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment: Foreign Direct Investment (25 Feb 2021)
“Retaining and strengthening Ireland’s reputation as a first-class destination for foreign direct investment remains fundamentally important to our economic model. The Government and IDA Ireland will continue to promote our country abroad, particularly in the face of international competition. Despite unprecedented challenges to Ireland’s economy in 2020, IDA Ireland’s end...”
- Written Answers — Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment: Covid-19 Pandemic Supports (25 Feb 2021)
“Budget 2021 overall provides a significant package of tax and expenditure measures to build resilience and help vulnerable but viable businesses across all sectors. We are providing more and cheaper loan finance through MicroFinance Ireland, SBCI and the Credit Guarantee Scheme. Changes were made to the Pandemic Unemployment Payment and the EWSS, increasing the top rate to €350 for...”
- Written Answers — Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment: Departmental Contracts (25 Feb 2021)
“As the procurement of medical equipment is a matter for the Health Service Executive this question is more appropriate to the Department of Health.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 98 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 8 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 145 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Leo Varadkar speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 3317 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register