This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Bodies, Departmental Expenditure, Departmental Staff, Departmental Agencies, Tax Code
(based on written questions asked by Leo Varadkar and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed): EU Issues (18 Dec 2019)
“To the best of my knowledge, we have not lobbied for a change in EU trade policy with regard to Israel. It is certainly something we can consider. It is unlikely that we will be able to find consensus at European level to take action of that nature, given that some member states exhibit strong support towards Israel. We have taken a very strong position on Jerusalem. I was very active at...”
- Post-European Council: Statements (18 Dec 2019)
“I attended the meeting of the European Council and the eurozone summit in Brussels on Thursday, 12 December, and Friday, 13 December. At the European Council meeting on Thursday, we discussed climate change, the EU's long-term budget and external relations, particularly the EU-Africa partnership and Turkey's recent actions in the eastern Mediterranean. We agreed to continue economic...”
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed): Ministerial Travel (18 Dec 2019)
“I reiterate that the Government jet is used in accordance with a protocol set out in the Cabinet handbook, which has been extant for a long time. It is used within those rules and I assure Deputies that civil servants would not allow it to be used outside of them. I visited Zagreb on 20 and 21 November. The programme for my visit included an official meeting with the Prime Minister,...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 168 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 7 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 142 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Leo Varadkar speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2941 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register