This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Seanad: An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (11 Jul 2019)
“I join in the thanks to all the staff of the Houses of the Oireachtas. Many of them will continue to work during the summer, and I thank them for that too. I second Senator Gavan's suggestion that we have a debate on military transport through Shannon when the House returns in September. I have heard calls for such a debate on many occasions. It is overdue in light of the very hawkish...”
- Seanad: CervicalCheck Tribunal Bill 2019: Second Stage (11 Jul 2019)
“This is a very important tribunal for the women who have been affected and their families. It is also important for Ireland. Dr. Scally spoke about the lack of grace and compassion in how Ireland had engaged with the controversy. While financial remedy may be part of the solution, it does not do the job fully in terms of addressing what we need to address. Dr. Scally also spoke of a...”
- Seanad: Local Government Rates and Other Matters Bill 2018: Committee and Remaining Stages (10 Jul 2019)
“I sit on the Joint Committee on Climate Action, and we have been discussing the issue of retrofitting. Large-scale changes will be required. We have been focusing on housing, but they will also affect businesses and others across the country. I reserve the right to try for an amendment on Report Stage. If a local authority that is trying to achieve a climate or environmental target wants...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 88 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among Senators.
- People have made 1 comment on this Senator's speeches — average among Senators.
- 9 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Alice Mary Higgins speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 509 times in debates — above average among Senators.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)