This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Alternative Energy Projects, Schools Building Projects, Telecommunications Services, Energy Resources
(based on written questions asked by Simon Coveney and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Defence: State Bodies (17 Jul 2014)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 514, 515, 517 and 518 together. The State Boards under the aegis of the Department of Defence when the Government took office were the Civil Defence Board, the Board of Coiste an Asgard and the Army Pensions Board. The Civil Defence Board was identified in the Public Service Reform Plan as a body to be abolished. The then Minister for Defence appointed a...”
- Written Answers — Department of Defence: Departmental Staff Remuneration (17 Jul 2014)
“No staff of my Department or organisation under the aegis of my Department received bonus payments in 2013 or to date in 2014.”
- Written Answers — Department of Defence: Departmental Staff Rehiring (17 Jul 2014)
“Since the Government took office in March 2011, my Department has engaged two retired public servants to act as civilian drivers to the Minister of State. These appointments are temporary unestablished positions in the Civil Service on a fixed term contract basis. The post of Civilian Driver attracts an annual salary of €32,965. In 2012 a retired public servant was appointed by the...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 28 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Simon Coveney speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 825 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 25 Mar 2014. More about the Register