This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fianna Fail TD for Louth
- Changed party from Ceann Comhairle on 25 Feb 2011; from Fianna Fail on 13 Oct 2009
- Member, Joint Administration Committee (since 9 Jun 2011)
- Email me whenever Séamus Kirk speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Grant Payments, Planning Issues, Hospital Services, Schools Building Projects, Tax Code
(based on written questions asked by Séamus Kirk and answered by departments)
- Order of Business (5 Mar 2014)
“In recent weeks, we have had some bad experiences with ambulance response times in the north east. In a response I received from the HSE, it indicated that there would be a review of the position of the ambulance service generally in the transformation programme. In view of the bad experience that there has been, I wonder whether the issue of the review could be accelerated in some way. ...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Driver Licences (4 Mar 2014)
“514. To ask the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport the position regarding the proposed bilateral agreement between Ireland and Canada in relation to recognition of driving licences in both countries; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [10576/14]”
- Written Answers — Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine: Farms Data (27 Feb 2014)
“229. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine his views on carrying out an audit of the bureaucratic burden on farmers with a view to bringing forward proposals to minimise the burden; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [10239/14]”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 49 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 139 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 13–14 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 7 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Séamus Kirk speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 429 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 28 Feb 2013. More about the Register