This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fianna Fail TD for Louth
- Changed party from Ceann Comhairle on 25 Feb 2011; from Fianna Fail on 13 Oct 2009
- Member, Joint Administration Committee (since 9 Jun 2011)
- Email me whenever Séamus Kirk speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Grant Payments, Planning Issues, Hospital Services, Schools Building Projects, Tax Code
(based on written questions asked by Séamus Kirk and answered by departments)
- Ambulance Service: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (16 Apr 2014)
“I welcome the opportunity to contribute briefly to the motion brought before the House in the name of my party's health spokesperson, Deputy Billy Kelleher. It is a timely motion which arises in the context of the recent "Prime Time" programme and on the basis of individual incidents and anecdotal evidence regarding the ambulance service generally throughout the State. The reality is that...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: North South Ministerial Council (15 Apr 2014)
“140. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade if, in the context of the North South Ministerial Council agenda, consideration will be given to the prioritisation of cross-border infrastructural projects which have clear mutual benefits North and South; his views on such proposals; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17303/14]”
- Written Answers — Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine: Drainage Schemes Expenditure (15 Apr 2014)
“530. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the proposals he has to provide financial assistance towards land drainage in view of the substantial costs involved in such work and the need for drainage works to be undertaken in view of the heavy rainfall over the past few years; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17936/14]”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 46 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 139 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 13–14 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 7 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Séamus Kirk speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 430 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 25 Mar 2014. More about the Register