This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Visa Applications, Citizenship Applications, Social Welfare Benefits, Residency Permits, Garda Stations
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Howlin and answered by departments)
- Access to the Countryside Bill 2013: Second Stage [Private Members] (14 Jun 2013)
“Deputy Dowds should be highly commended for his work and that of his team on the Access to the Countryside Bill 2013. I commend him on the alacrity with which he managed to get legislation on the floor of the Dáil. My colleague, the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government, Deputy Phil Hogan, and his Department, have responsibility for rural recreation in Ireland....”
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Capital Programme Expenditure (13 Jun 2013)
“The end May Exchequer returns showed that €751m was drawn down by Departments and Offices. This is €108m (12.6%) behind the level that had been profiled in the period. However, taking account of expenditure of €63m in capital carryover, total expenditure to date amounts to €814m. A variance of between 10% and 12% is not unusual and there can be variations in...”
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: National Lottery Licence Sale (13 Jun 2013)
“Under the next licence, the National Lottery operator will be in a position to increase significantly the level of sales of National Lottery tickets. This increase will be partly facilitated by the provision, under the National Lottery Act 2013, for the sale of tickets through interactive channels. In addition, the formula provided for in the next licence regarding returns to Good Causes...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 121 debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 32 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Howlin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 976 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 28 Feb 2013. More about the Register