This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Visa Applications, Citizenship Applications, Social Welfare Benefits, Residency Permits, Garda Stations
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Howlin and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Consultancy Contracts Data (5 Dec 2013)
“In response to the Deputy’s question the following is a list of private firms that have provided advice/consultancy services gratis for my Department since March 2011. Year Name of Firm If any payment made in aftermath of advice given 2012 Tandem Consulting No 2012 Ernst & Young No 2012 Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) No”
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Departmental Reports (5 Dec 2013)
“In response to the Deputy’s question while my Department's Annual Report for 2012 has not yet been published it will be made available in due course.”
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Public Sector Staff Sick Leave (5 Dec 2013)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 104 and 105 together. As the Deputy will be aware, in July 2012 sick leave arrangements for all public service employees were the subject of a Labour Court Recommendation relating to the introduction of a reformed Sick Leave Scheme. The issue of transitional arrangements and specifically how employees who are on sick leave at the time of commencement of...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 116 debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 38 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Howlin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1058 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 28 Feb 2013. More about the Register